Friday 22 March 2024

Bright Hello

Good Morning
Today's fun card features a new and older released stencil from A Colorful Life Designs.
Meet the new for March stencil called:
I paired it up with the older one called:
Basically, one is a solid and one adds the details.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I cut a piece of white cardstock, placed it onto my Make Art Station and put the Groovy Flowers Mask stencil over my paper.
  • I inked over the whole stencil with some Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide ink.
  • I moved the stencil over and down a bit, then inked again over the whole panel with some Ripe Persimmon DOX ink.
  • I repeated the above process one more time, inking with some Picked Raspberry DOX ink.  
  • Next, I placed the Groovy Flower Solid Mask over the flowers and inked it all up with some Uncharted Mariner DOX ink.  It made for such an interesting background.
  • I die cut the 'Hello' sentiment from some black cardstock, then die cut the shadow of the die from some vellum and glued those together.
  • I glued the stenciled card front onto a piece of yellow and then orange and then onto an A2 sized card base.
  • I added glue behind just the sentiment letters so it wouldn't show on the vellum and added that over the center of my card front.
  • Finally, to finish off my card, I added some black gems to the flower centers.

Here are the stencils I used:


Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- SPRING/EASTER
(optional- SPRING/EASTER)

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencils (A Colorful Life Designs); TE Blending Brushes;
Make Art Station (Ranger); die (Concord and 9th)

5 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Fascinating use of the the mask and stencil, Karen, and a bright and cheerful result
Blessings
Maxine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Always bright and cheery cards from you Karen, love this. x

Meggymay said...

A fantastic colourful stencilled background , thank you for linking with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne

My name is Erika. said...

It is not only named a groovy stencil and mask, but your card looks groovy too. I love these bold colors and design. Thanks for joining us at Try It on Tuesday. hugs-Erika

Aviator said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.