Saturday 16 March 2024

Thinking About You


Good Morning.
Today's card features a new for March stencil from A Colorful Life Designs called
By shifting and changing the direction of a simple stencil, you are able to create so many designs.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I placed a piece of white cardstock onto my Make Art Station and placed the Curvy Path on top of that.  I inked it up with some Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide ink.
  • I took the stencil off, wiped it clean, then repositioned it and inked with some Villainous Potion DOX ink.  The overlapping pattern made for a nice background.
  • Next, I stamped in some of the open areas using the eraser on the end of a pencil with the same colours as mentioned above.
  • While that dried, I die cut out the sentiment with some white cardstock, then inked it up with the same colours that I had used for the stenciling.
  • I die cut the sentiment shadow right from the middle of the panel and then glued the inked sentiment onto it.
  • I glued the panel onto a piece of light blue cardstock, then onto an A2 sized card base.
  • I used some foam tape to add the sentiment back into place in the middle of the card front.
  • Using my white Posca pen, I added a few dots and then I put some silver gems around the sentiment.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Cut it Up- COLORS OF SPRING
(blue skies/ my purple crocus are coming up)
Crafty Catz- ANYTHING GOES
The Crafty Addicts- ANYTHING GOES
OPTION SPRING/EASTER

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); TE Blending Brushes;
white Posca pen; sentiment die (SSS); silver gems (Dollar Store)

5 comments:

Diane said...

So very cheerful, I love how you have created your pattern by repositioning the stencil, very clever to get those amazing colors together!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
Diane SF Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Stencil Fun}

Pat said...

I just adore the mix of colour with the Villainous Potion and Peacock Feathers, which look great together Karen, and love the way you have moved the Curvy Path stencil to cover the background..looks like a pretty mosaic, and your two tone die cut sentiment looks fabulous over the top. x

Jeanne H said...

I really like this card and the colors are wonderful together. tfs

Gerda said...

What a very pretty card!! Love the color combo you used!!
Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up challenge!
Have a great day.
Gerda

Aunty Sue said...

Lovely card and thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Catz and hope to see you again