Monday 11 March 2024

Special Day!

Hello
Meet the new for March stencil from A Colorful Life Designs called 
I paired it up with a partner and older released stencil called 
One of the stencils creates the inner flowers and the other does the shading around them.
I made a super simple, monochromatic card using them.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I placed the Groovy Flower Solid stencil over a piece of white cardstock, then inked it up with some Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide ink.
  • I removed that stencil and positioned it's companion stencil called Groovy Flower into place, matching it up to the outline and inked with some Uncharted Mariner DOX ink.
  • I removed that stencil and splattered with my white Posca pen.
  • When the panel was all dry, I die cut the sentiment from the center of my card front.  I cut the sentiment word shadow from a piece of white cardstock.  Before I glued them together, I inked over the sentiment word with some of the Uncharted Mariner DOX ink to help it show up a bit better over the card front.  I glued the sentiment over the white word shadow.
  • I inked along the edges of my card panel before gluing it onto a piece of blue cardstock, then onto an A2 sized card base.
  • I used some foam tape to pop the sentiment back into place over the panel and finally, I added a blue gem to the top of the 'i'.

Here are the stencils I used:


Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- ADD A SENTIMENT
Word Power- SENTIMENT AS FOCAL 
Crafty Catz- ANYTHING GOES

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencils (A Colorful Life Designs); white Posca pen; 
TE Blending Brushes; die (Heffy Doodle)

1 comment:

Pat said...

The solid and the open flower stencils work together well Karen and love the shades of blue..a very pretty card. x