Saturday 9 March 2024

Happy Heart Flowers

Good Morning
Today's card was such a fun one to make. I think it turned out looking so happy.
I used 3 stencils from A Colorful Life Designs to make my card.
The new stencils for March are called 
I layered those two together and then I added details with an older stencil called Simple Mosaic.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I placed the Heart Flowers stencil over a piece of white cardstock, then inked it up with some Peacock Feathers in the centers and some Shaded Lilac Distress Oxide ink along the petals of the flowers.
  • Leaving that stencil in place, I layered the Curvy Path over the top of it and inked with some Villainous Potion DOX ink.  It gave the flowers a fun looking pattern.
  • I removed those stencils and then using the Simple Mosaic, I added some stenciling to the flower centers and around them using some Peacock Feathers DOX ink.
  • Next, I rubbed some Villainous Potion DOX ink onto a scrap of white cardstock and then used that to die cut the sentiment.  
  • I die cut the sentiment shadow from the stenciled card front, then glued the sentiment onto it.
  • I glued the stenciled panel onto a piece of mauve cardstock, then onto an A2 sized card base.
  • Lastly, I used some foam tape to add the sentiment back over the center of my card base.

Here are the stencils I used:



Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Monday- BRIGHT AND CHEERFUL
Simon Says Wed.- ADD A SENTIMENT
Craft Rocket- FOR THE GIRLS
Word Power- ANYTHING GOES- LARGE SENTIMENT AS FOCUS

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencils (A Colorful Life Designs); TE Blending Brushes;
Die (Simon Says); Make Art Station (Ranger)

2 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the colour mix Karen, a gorgeous card. x

Pat said...

Three stencils this time, and what a fabulous look with the Curvy Path stencilled within the pretty Heart Flowers..love the Villainous Potion colour ink which really pops to make the patterned petals, and the Mosaic makes a great background...a brilliant card Karen. x