Tuesday 19 March 2024

Finding Happiness


Welcome
Meet today's card.
It's just one of the new for March stencils from A Colorful Life Designs called
I added some details to the flowers using just one of the stencils from the 
Layered Tulip Field stencil set, a release from last month.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I placed the new Heart Flowers stencil onto a piece of white cardstock and inked it up with my Distress Oxide inks in these colours:  Fossilized Amber and Ripe Persimmon
  • I wanted to add an interesting center to the flowers, so I got out the flower centers (stencil #3) from the Layered Tulip Field and inked with some Picked Raspberry DOX ink.
  • I decided to fill in some of the white space, so using an eraser on the end of a pencil and the same colours mentioned above, I added all the dots to the background.  It added to the whimsical look of the flowers.
  • I stamped the sentiment into the bottom corner.
  • I glued the card front onto an piece of pink cardstock, then onto a piece of yellow and then onto an A2 sized card base.
  • Lastly, I added some black gems around the sentiment to finish off my card.

Here are the stencils I used:


Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Little Red Wagon- EASY PEASY
Make My Monday- SPRING, FLOWERS, WEATHER etc
Beautiful Blossoms- ANYTHING FLORAL GOES

Supplies
Stamps- Live Well (Stampabilities)
Inks- DOX; Versafine Clair
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencils (A Colorful Life Designs); Make Art Station;
TE Blending Brushes; black gems; pencil eraser

7 comments:

Donna Walls said...

This card is so colorful and happy. Great stencil work too, Thanks for linking up at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge and we hope you'll share another lovely floral project soon.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge

Pat said...

The heart flowers stencilling is really pretty Karen, and what a great idea to add some of the centres from the tulip stencil, and the dots using a pencil end eraser look great..a wonderful colour combination of yellow, orange and pink, and a lovely sentiment to finish. x

Imke said...

Great stenciling, Karen. Thanks for joining us @Little Red Wagon.

~Imke, My Crafty Place

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Great idea of mixing the two florals... and love the colors you used. CAS and very pretty and bright. Would love you to share your card with us at Double Trouble "Spring Florals", partnering with Beautiful Blossoms... please check us out at https://doubletroublechallenge.blogspot.com/2024/03/Challenge-162.html

Pamela said...

I love how you put a heart image inside the flower, so so cleaver! Thank you for sharing your spring card with us at MMM

Dawn Phillips said...

This is so vibrant and cheerful. It certainly brought a smile to my face. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

Lisa Cuneo said...

This is such a cheerful card! I love the colors. Thanks for sharing with us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge Blog.