Tuesday 2 April 2024

Swirl Around


Good Morning
It's an exciting day at A Colorful Life Designs as the newest release is up.
I used this lovely new stencil to create my card called 
I paired it with an older stencil called Simple Mosaic for a fun rainbow type card.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I placed a piece of white cardstock onto my Make Art Station and put the Swirl Around stencil over that.  I inked from top to bottom with these Distress Oxide colours:  Fossilized Amber, Ripe Persimmon, Picked Raspberry and Peacock Feathers.
  • Leaving that stencil in place, I put the Simple Mosaic stencil right over the top and inked again using the same colours in the same areas.  It added such great interest to the design.
  • I removed both stencils and used the ink left on my blending brushes to add some colour around the outer edges of stenciling.
  • Next, I placed the card front into my Misti, rubbed it with my anti-static bag before stamping the sentiment.  I clear heat embossed it to help it pop.
  • I covered the sentiment and splattered the panel with my white Posca pen.
  • I glued the stenciled panel onto a piece of white cardstock, then onto a piece of red and then finally, onto an A2 sized card base.  I also added 3 black gems around the sentiment.

Here are the stencils I used:



Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES
Simon Says Monday- WHATEVER THE WEATHER
(rainbow)
Crafts Galore- ANYTHING GOES

Supplies
Stamps- Life is Art (STAMPlorations)
Inks- DOX, Versafine Clair
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencils (A Colorful Life Designs); Make Art Station (Ranger);
TE Blending Brushes; white Posca pen; black gems

3 comments:

Ida said...

Cool card. Love the stencil.

Pat said...

The mosaic and the swirls look brilliant together Karen and the colour palette is so bright and pretty, and a great sentiment stamped in black, and a trio of black enamel dots to go with it...a super card. x

kiwimeskreations said...

Love how you use two stencils almost all the time, with some great combinations, and stunning results, as witnessed on this wonderful, vibrant card
Blessings
Maxine