Sunday 28 April 2024

Blackout Embossed Daisy


Welcome
This week, I'm hosting the TLC Challenge (Technique Lovers) over at Splitcoast Stampers.

The technique we will be playing with today is called:
It will give you stunning results as you will see.  The trick it to use the Debossed side of the cardstock.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I took a piece of white cardstock and embossed it using the Spoon Daisy Embossing Folder from Altenew.
  • I turned my cardstock to the DEBOSSED side and using my blending brushes, I added colour to the flower by randomly rubbing the ink over the embossing.  At this point, you don't have to be precise with your inking because it will be getting covered up with the black ink.  The Distress Oxide colours I used were:  Fossilized Amber, Picked Raspberry and some Peacock Feathers.
  • After I was happy with the inking, I took my Versafine Clair Noir black ink pad, held it flat onto the panel and rubbed until the black ink covered all the card panel.
  • I splattered with my white Posca pen and then set aside to dry.
  • While that dried, I stamped the sentiment with some Versamark ink and then white heat embossed it on the black cardstock.
  • I glued the dried panel onto a piece of yellow cardstock, then a piece of blue and then finally onto an A2 sized card base.  
  • Finally, I added the sentiment across the bottom using some foam tape.

I hope you give it a try.  
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES
Stamping Sensations- MOOD BOARD/ ANYTHING GOES
Can You Handle the Pressure?- ANYTHING GOES WITH A TWIST OF FEMININE


Supplies
Stamps- Simple Strips (TE)
Inks- Versafine Clair; Versamark; DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- Daisy EB folder (Altenew); TE Blending Brushes; 
white Posca pen; foam tape; white embossing powder

8 comments:

Cathy said...

Stunning card Karen, such a fun technique that gives really amazing results, Cathy x

kiwimeskreations said...

WOW - a stunning example of the technique Karen - so dramatic!
Blessings
Maxine

Barbara Edmondson said...

This is awesome! Stunningly beautiful! It looks neon, like a neon sign in a store.

Greta said...

Had to come see this again and read your directions after admiring it on IG! Some people have done the technique and not had the brilliant colors showing like yours. Gonna give it a try.

Pat said...

Wow Karen! I love this fabulous Osteospermum and the colours with the blue and pink making a bit of purple too, and the bright orangy yellow centre is made to look even brighter with the black background. This is a great technique and one that I haven't yet tried. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Gulp! What an amazing result Karen, this is absolutely Gorgeous. x

Craftychris said...

I love this technique and have done it before myself but when I saw your awesome card I had to get that stunning embossing folder! I can't wait to use it for this technique. Thank you. Take care. xxx💖💖💖

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at CYHTP Embossing Folder Challenge.