Sunday 7 April 2024

Birthday Fun

 

Good Morning
Today, I decided to make a monochromatic card using the new for April stencil from A Colorful Life Designs called

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I placed a piece of white cardstock onto my Make Art Station and placed the Four Squares stencil over that.  
  • Starting at the center of the stencil, I inked it up with some Villainous Potion Distress Oxide ink.
  • Next, I inked the outer edges using some Wilted Violet DOX ink.  To add some interest, I went back into the middle area and inked with some Uncharted Mariner DOX ink that gave a bit of contrast.
  • Using the same colours as mentioned above, I inked up a scrap of white cardstock and then used that to die cut the sentiment.
  • I die cut an oval from white cardstock, then glued the sentiment over that.
  • To assemble my card, I glued the stenciled panel onto a piece of pale mauve cardstock, then onto an A2 sized card base.
  • I used some foam tape to add the sentiment over the middle of the panel.
  • Finally, I added some bling around the sentiment.

Here is the stencil I used:

AND DON'T FORGET THE BLING:


Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Dragonfly Dreams- USE A DIE

Supplies
Stamps- NONE
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil and bling (A Colorful Life Designs); Make Art Station (Ranger);
Oval die (Concord and 9th); sentiment die (SSS)

2 comments:

Pat said...

This is a great stencil and love it in purple Karen and finished with another lovely die cut sentiment. x

Elizabeth Hart said...

Wow - love that purple stencil work and the die with it works perfectly. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at teh Dragonfly Dreams Challenge