Saturday 6 April 2024

Celebrating With You


Welcome
I am loving this new stencil from A Colorful Life Designs called 
I turned the stencil on the diagonal to create a fun new pattern.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I placed a piece of white cardstock onto my Make Art Station, then put the Four Squares stencil over my card panel on the diagonal.
  • I inked it up with some Ripe Persimmon and some Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide ink.
  • I lifted the stencil off, cleaned it and then flipped it over and inked again using the same colours.
  • I placed the stenciled card panel into my Misti and stamped the flower stem along the side.
  • I rubbed some of the same colours mentioned above, onto a scrap piece of white cardstock and sprayed with water to blend the colours together.  I then stamped the flower head onto that inked scrap and fussy cut it out.
  • I stamped the sentiment over to the side and used some foam tape to pop the flower head into place over the stem.
  • I used my black Posca pen to splatter just over the flower area.
  • I glued the finished card front onto a piece of white, then pink cardstock and finally onto an A2 sized card base.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks a lot for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Seize the Birthday- SPRING FLORAL
As You Like It- CUTE or FLORAL
(to me florals add such elegance and are easy to use on any background)

Supplies
Stamps- Creative Chaos (Visible Image); Celebrate (IO)
Inks- DOX, Versafine Clair
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); Make Art Station (Ranger); 
blending brushes; black Posca pen

8 comments:

Nancy said...

I so enjoyed reading your process on your terrific card, Karen! The colors are just so bright and cheery and perfect for a birthday celebration. Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Seize the Birthday!

Lin said...

What a happy card, Karen! Love your color choices, they make me smile!

Pat said...

I love this stencil and flipping it has given a whole new look Karen, and the added VI flower and IO sentiment finish it beautifully, not forgetting the added black spattering to complement the stamping. x

aussie aNNie said...

Creative Chaos, my fav stamp and it looks amazing here Karen on your stencil work xx

Linda said...

What a pretty stenciled background created for lovely flower. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

Donna3d said...

This is fabulous Karen!!

Anonymous said...

Can u please provide a link to the flower and celebrate word… love love this card! Cannot find on IO… tks

Sarah said...

I love the beautiful colours you have used on this fab floral. Thank you for sharing at AYLI. Sarah