Sunday 21 April 2024

Hello Spring

Welcome
Today's card features 2 new stencil releases this month from A Colorful Life Designs called
I combined them with some fun colours and patterns.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I began by placing a piece of white cardstock onto my Make Art Station and then put the Intersections stencil over just the top half of my cardstock panel.  
  • Next, I inked it up with a few different Distress Oxide inks.  These are the colours I used:  Fossilized Amber, Ripe Persimmon and Picked Raspberry.
  • I lifted the stencil off and repositioned it across the bottom part of my cardstock and inked again with the same colours as mentioned above.
  • I took another piece of white cardstock and inked a portion of the Rotating Rings stencil.  Again, I used the same colours as mentioned above.  I used a circle die and cut that out.
  • I die cut the sentiment from some more white cardstock 3 times and inked the top one to match the background.
  • I glued the stenciled card front onto a piece of pink and then onto an A2 card base.
  • I used some foam tape to add the circle over the middle of my card front and glued the sentiment onto that.

Here are the stencils I used:


Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for the visit!

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- STENCIL IT
Simon Says Mon.- MAKE YOUR OWN BKG

Supplies
Stamps- NONE
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencils (A Colorful Life Designs); blending Brushes;
Make Art Station (Ranger); Circle die (Hero Arts); Hello Spring die (Amazon)

6 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! What a wonderfully bright and beautiful card Karen. x

Pat said...

Another wonderful pairing of stencils and some beautiful bright colours used with them Karen. The stripes make a great background, and the central piece with the sentiment on reminds me of one of those children's lollies. x

kiwimeskreations said...

Very innovative use of the stencils Karen
Blessings
Maxine

Card Creator said...

Wow! This turned out fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at My Time to Craft
~Tamara

Kim Hamilton said...

Congratulations Karen, you are the winner of the $25 Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Voucher! Please contact us at simonsayschallenge@hotmail.com to claim your prize!

Ida said...

So vibrant and bright. Love the use of the stencils.