Friday 5 April 2024

Four Squares

Welcome
Here's another new for April stencil from A Colorful Life Designs called
I decided to use it to make a monochromatic card.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I placed a piece of white cardstock onto my Make Art Station and put the Four Squares stencil over that, centering it onto the cardstock.
  • Next, I inked it up using Peacock Feathers, Tumbled Glass, Blueprint Sketch and some Salty Ocean Distress Oxide inks. 
  • I removed the stencil and splattered with my white Posca pen, then set aside to dry.
  • I inked up a scrap piece of white cardstock using the same colours as mentioned above, then die cut the sentiment.  I die cut the sentiment shadow from a piece of vellum and glued the two together.
  • I glued the stenciled card front onto a piece of blue cardstock, then onto an A2 sized card base.  
  • I glued the sentiment into the center and added a dark blue gem for the dot on the 'j'.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Word Power- SENTIMENT IS FOCAL POINT
Crafty Gals- ANYTHING GOES

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- DOX
Paper- vellum, heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); Make Art Station (Ranger);
TE blending brushes; white Posca pen; die (Amazon)

3 comments:

Pat said...

That's a great stencil Karen and in your favourite shades of blue, and I love the two tone die cut sentiment over the top..a really pretty card. x

Diane said...

Beautiful card and an awesome stencil, fabulous idea to add the white splatters too!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Word Power!
Diane WP Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Word Power}

Kim said...

Beautiful background. Not too busy and the sentiment stands out. Thanks for joining the challenge at Crafty Gals Corner.