Saturday 13 April 2024

Hooray!

Welcome
Today I've got a fun card that features the new for April stencil from A Colorful Life Designs called
It sure is a good one to use.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I put the Puzzle Pieces stencil over my white cardstock and then inked it up with some Villainous Potion Distress Oxide ink.
  • I lifted the stencil off, cleaned it and repositioned it to the open white areas, then inked again but this time with some Uncharted Mariner DOX ink.
  • Next, I splattered with my white Posca pen and set aside to dry.
  • I die cut the HOORAY sentiment 4x's from some white cardstock, then inked one up with the same colours as the background.  I die cut the sentiment shadow with a piece of vellum and glued them all together.
  • I glued the stenciled panel onto a piece of white cardstock, then a piece of purple and finally, onto an A2 sized card base.
  • I glued the sentiment across the front to finish off my card using some foam tape.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Addicted to Stamps and More- DIE CUT &/or STENCIL
Word Power- SENTIMENT IS FOCUS

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); blending Brushes;
HOORAY die (Taylored Expressions); white Posca pen

2 comments:

Pat said...

I just adore the bright purple and blue colour combination using the fun jigsaw pieces as the background Karen, and looks great moved before adding the second colour to make a lovely white highlight around each, and likewise the white edge to the sentiment makes it stand out beautifully, and great using the extra layers beneath the two tone top layer for added dimension. x

Diane said...

Wow, this is awesome, love how it was created, perfect for our challenge too!
Those white spatters really add to it, very clever!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Word Power!
Diane WP Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Word Power}