Friday 12 April 2024

Masculine Birthday


Good Morning
Meet the new for April stencil from A Colorful Life Designs called
This is a simple stencil but it is perfect for layering with other stencils or I just used it to make a fun pattern.  

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I put a piece of white cardstock onto my Make Art Station and placed the Rocks stencil over that.  I inked it up with some Uncharted Mariner Distress Oxide ink.
  • I lifted the stencil off, cleaned it and then repositioned it over my cardstock.  This time, I inked with some Villainous Potion DOX ink.  
  • I removed the stencil, splattered with my white Posca pen and set aside to dry.
  • Next, I inked up a piece of white cardstock using the same DOX inks as mentioned above and die cut the sentiment.  I also die cut the sentiment again with some white cardstock, glued them together being sure to offset them so the sentiment would show up against the background.
  • I glued the stenciled card front onto a piece of white cardstock, then used some foam tape to pop it up onto an A2 sized card base.
  • I glued the sentiment into the center to finish off my card.

Here is the stencil I used:

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Addicted to Stamps and More- DIE CUT &/ OR STENCIL

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); Make Art Station (Ranger);
blending brushes; white Posca pen; die (Amazon)

3 comments:

Pat said...

The rocks stencil overlaid in the blue and purple is such a bright and pretty look Karen, and the added two tone coordinating sentiment works beautifully over the top. x

kiwimeskreations said...

A great way to use the stencil karen, with two colours, and offsetting the stencil for the second time round - a stunning card as a result
Blessings
Maxine

Izzy Scrap said...

WOW ! Such a fabulous birthday card. Love your colours and the great pattern you've made with your stencil.Thanks so much for sharing and for playing at ATSM.