Monday 2 May 2016

Garden Shadows

Good Morning.
Do you find yourself trying to think of other ways to use your stamps?
I just love the flower images from Penny Black.  They are so pretty and easy to stamp with.
Usually, I use a watercolour technique with this kind of a stamp but lately I have been trying to think of ways to get a different look using them instead of just using them to watercolour.  

So here is what I came up with.
I began by masking the edges of my cardstock; I love the look of a crisp, white border.
I then inked up my Bejeweled flower stamp with Versamark ink and stamped it onto my card front.  I sprinkled on some white embossing powder then heat set it.  I sponged the edges with Salty Ocean Distress ink then created a shadow effect around the flowers using some more of the ink, some water and a paintbrush.  I inked up the PB script stamp, stamped off and then onto my card front.  It adds such depth and interest to what would otherwise would be an ordinary looking card.  
The sentiment is from the Special Thoughts set, stamped and embossed with black Memento ink.


Adding my card to these challenges:

 Simon Says- ANYTHING GOES

CAS Mix Up- STAMPING, HEAT EMBOSSING, WATERCOLORING

Shopping Our Stash- THINK INK

Addicted to Stamps and More- ANYTHING GOES

Crazy 4 Challenges- APRIL SHOWERS BRING MAY FLOWERS


Thanks so very much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Penny Black/ inks- Versamark, Memento, Distress/ applicator tool/ painter's tape/ embossing powder/ paintbrush

18 comments:

Barb said...

It looks lovely Karen. An other fun way to use your stamp. Barbxx

Brawny x said...

Fabulous card Karen x

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous Karen. I love your subtle script background and beautiful heat embossed flower image. You are so Special my friend. So happy you joined our May CAS Mix Up Challenge...again!

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous Karen. I love your subtle script background and beautiful heat embossed flower image. You are so Special my friend. So happy you joined our May CAS Mix Up Challenge...again!

SD pooja said...

Wonderful card ,I loved the shadow effect !

Diane Jaquay said...

Such a lovely effect!!

CherylQuilts said...

What an amazing technique, Karen, and I LOVE this image for it! Stunning! Hugs, sweet friend, and have a wonderful week! xoxo

Bonnie said...

What a great way to use this stamp and very different! I love how you've shaded around the embossed flower and done the subtle stamping! Awesome card, Karen! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at CAS Mix Up!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is beautiful, love the texture
Faith
x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wow! I really love this. So beautiful!

Loll said...

This is so beautiful. I love the emboss resist technique ... adding the shadow really gives the flowers so much visual dimension. Great job!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!! xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Your sponging about the embossed image is so perfect. You've rocked this technique. Gorgeous!!

Craftychris said...

Fab idea and looks beautiful! xxx

Davi said...

Wow that looks amazing, love how the embossing gives it such a texture!

Lin said...

Beautiful effect, Karen, and I love your blue creations! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Monika Reeck said...

wohooo that shadow really made your flower stand out
really beautiful effect agree with Lin
and your idea to mask is clever
loveee your blue flower card sooo adorable
many thanks for joining with us at ATSM this week
hugs
Monika (DT Member)

maria f. said...

A+ on the shadowing ;)

Aileen said...

Unbelievable, it is stunning, the whole look. The shadows the white stamping the background all totoally perfect.