Sunday 29 May 2016

Birthday Wishes

Morning Friends.
Happy Memorial Weekend to all my American friends.

I am so happy to have some time to stamp today.  My time has been so limited lately.
This is a simple, one-layer card with a stenciled background.


 I began by placing the stencil from The Crafter's Workshop and laid it onto my cardstock.  Using an applicator tool, I rubbed Salty Ocean and Faded Jeans Distress ink over my stencil being sure 
to vary the colour on each of the circles.
Next, I placed my card inside my MISTI and stamped the flowers from Unity with black Memento ink.  
Next using more Memento ink, I stamped the sentiment from a new set by Penny Black called  


Adding my card to these challenges:


Little Red Wagon- ROUND and ROUND

Seize the Birthday- ANYTHING GOES

Simon Says- ANYTHING GOES

Use Your Stuff- GET INKY


Thanks so very much for coming by and taking a look.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Supplies:  stamps- Unity, Penny Black/ ink- Distress, Memento/ applicator tool/ stencil/ MISTI

12 comments:

M said...

Love the simplicity of your card! Lots of dimension without the bulk! :)Thanks for playing along with us at Little Red Wagon this week! :)

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Amazing card, Karren! This is so innovative to combine stencilled rhythmic background and black silhouettes of flowers - Sweet Kobylkin

Loll said...

Awesome design Karen. LOVE! xx

renee said...

Beautiful Card! Thanks for playing at Use Your Stuff!

Barb said...

A lovely card Karen. It looks really dramatic. Barbxx

maria f. said...

Be still my polka-dot-loving heart! Great design.

Vicki Dutcher said...

YOU KNOW I LOVE the dots :) - Thanks for joining in at STB~

Anke said...

Wonderful card, Karen.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

A gorgeous silhouette choice karen and so effective against the bold stencilling.
Fantastic make and Thanks for playing along in our petals challenge at ATCAS this week. Sarah

OttawaMom said...

Fantastic one-layer card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!

Ceal said...

Beautiful card, Karen. love the blue and the background. thanks for playing along at ATCAS!

Jaydee said...

Love the black, blue and white color scheme and those dots are fabulous. So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
Jaydee