Monday 30 May 2016

Stencil Monoprinting

Morning.

Today, I am officially a part of the TLC (Technique Lovers) Challenge Team at Splitcoast Stampers.
For my first challenge, I am challenging others to make a card using a Stencil Monoprinting technique.
It is super easy and lots of fun and just another great way to stretch the use of your stencils
for a different, more watercoloured look.




I began by inking the back of my Tim Holtz Wildflower stencil with Salty Ocean and Peacock Feathers Distress ink.
Next, I sprayed with a generous amount of water and pressed the ink onto my cardstock.  I covered it with a dry paper towel and pressed all over the stencil being sure the ink would transfer onto my 
paper.  I removed the paper towel and stencil to reveal the background.
While that dried, I die-cut the flowers, also from Tim Holtz and glued them over the monoprint.
The sentiment from Rubbernecker was stamped with black Memento ink in the other corner.
I sponged the edges with more DI when my card was done just to give it a more finished look.


Adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says- ANYTHING GOES

Time Out- MAY ALL YOUR WEEDS BE WILD FLOWERS

613 Avenue Create- ANYTHING GOES


I so appreciate you coming to visit...thank-you.
I hope you get a chance to try out this fun technique.

Supplies:  stamps- Rubbernecker/ ink- Memento, Distress/ stencil- Tim Holtz/ die- TH/ Cuttlebug/ Mini Mister/ MISTI

16 comments:

Olga said...

Beautiful effect!

Diane Jaquay said...

Such a stunning background, I need to try this technique!!

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, what a fabulous card and a great technique! LOVE it lots and love the sentiment and the silhouette die on top! Must try this one! Big hugs, sweet friend! xoxo

Verna Angerhofer said...

Gorgeous card and love the sentiment you used on it.

coldwaters2 said...

Wow this is beautiful Karen, the background looks awesome so does the sentiment and image, truly wonderful work
hugs
lorraine x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful beautiful card.
Faith
x

Brawny x said...

Fabulous card x

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Karen. Stencil monoprinting is one of my favourite techniques and you have done it to perfection today. Congrats on being part of the TLC team!! xx

Donna Ellis said...

What an incredible creation, Karen! It's a lovely way of highlighting silhouettes by using stencils. And the colors... melt my heart! I hope you are doing well, Karen.

Donna Ellis said...

What an incredible creation, Karen! It's a lovely way of highlighting silhouettes by using stencils. And the colors... melt my heart! I hope you are doing well, Karen.

nancy littrell said...

Love your stencil monoprinted background Karen with your stamped wild flowers. That is one of my favorite techniques. I hope to play soon. Congratulations on being chosen as one of the SCS TLC team members. You will be an awesome addition. I love all your techniques on your cards and have learned so much from you my friend. Hugs, Nancy

Anke said...

Fantastic card, Karen. I love it, great technique.

Hugs
Anke

Bobby said...

This looks wonderful, Karen. I know the secret is the amount of water so I need to find some play time to try it.

Gayatri said...

BEAUTIFUL card, Karen! Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge. Gayatri xx

Shona Chambers said...

Blue is my favourite colour so this card jumped out at me from the Gallery!! The design is gorgeous and love how you used the stencils with the black silhouette. I'm so glad you shared it with us at TIME OUT!!

Daria said...

I love the black die-cut flowers superimposed on the background you created with the non-inked flowers. Lovely effect. TFS.