Sunday 8 May 2016

One Layer Magic

Morning.
First, I want to wish all the Moms out there a very
 Happy Mother's Day!!

As most of your already know, I love making clean and simple card so when I saw the challenge at Splitcoast, I just couldn't resist and had to play along.
So, the challenge was to create a one-layer card inspired by the host's board on Pinterest.  
I couldn't settle on just one card so I created my card based on the many elements that can be added to make a one-layer card special.  You know what they say, 'It's all in the details'.
I took a few of the card elements found on the cards there and put them together like the masking, sponging, inking, splattering and scoring.  

To create the side panel, I masked then I randomly put some Distress ink on my acrylic block, sprayed with water and dragged the ink down the side of my card. By dragging my inky block, I got a swipe of colour instead of a more concentrated block of colour and I like that there is still some white showing through.  I wiped off my long acrylic block each time then applied a different colour, sprayed with water and dragged again. I stamped the feather using my Misti then splattered white acrylic paint over the image to add more interest. I also added scoring to the side of the panel with my Scorbug and my ScorPal. 
The sentiment was stamped with black Memento ink and heat embossed to help make it pop.


 Adding my card to these challenges:

CAS Mix Up- STAMPING, HEAT EMBOSSING, and YOUR CHOICE
(splatter, acrylic block inking)

 CASology- MOVE

Addicted to Stamps and More- MAKE YOUR MARK 

Craft Stamper- ANYTHING GOES



I hope you enjoy a wonderful day and thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- STAMPlorations, Local King/ Distress-Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean and Dusty Concord/ Memento ink/ wh acrylic paint/ paintbrush/ MISTI/ long acrylic block

23 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Another stunning card
Faith
x

Susanne Vargas said...

Gorgeous! Have to try this dragging technique!

Diane Jaquay said...

Gorgeous one layer card, love the effect you achieved by dragging the block! Happy Mother's Day!

Loll said...

I need to try using an acrylic block for my smooshing. This looks awesome and I love the "drag" marks and how you can see the individual colours. So beautiful Karen. Happy Mother's Day to you! xx

Loll said...

And thanks for sharing at CAS Mix Up! xx

CherylQuilts said...

Beautiful card, Karen, and I love the technique with smooshing using your acrylic block -- so clever always! And Happy Mother's Day, sweet friend! You are a precious mom, and a mom surrogate to all the precious little ones for whom you care throughout the week for their parents! Hugs!

Bonnie said...

Dragging the acrylic block makes such a different pattern to the panel! What a brilliant idea, my friend! Love all the other elements too! Truly a special one layer card! Thanks for sharing it with us at CAS Mix Up!

Bonnie said...

And Happy Mother's Day to you too! Hope you're being treated like a queen!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Once again you have scored big time with this beautiful one layer card. Happy Mother's Day to you too!

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous panel with fabulous detail. Hope your Mother's Day was wonderful! xxx

Lisa Lara said...

WOW this is so striking and brilliant Karen!

Lilian said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at ATSM!
You could also link it at Creative With Stamps! it's a CAS challenge this month!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

SD pooja said...

Loved it ! Seeing your card has inspired me to take out peacock feather stencil and try it !

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Love the colours and details. So happy you played the CASology Challenge this week.

nancy littrell said...

Love how you used your acrylic block stamping technique for your beautiful background Karen. Your stamped panel turned out beautifully. So pleased you joined us again at CAS MIX Up. Hugs, Nancy

Deidre said...

This is such a great card! I love the graphic nature, the colors, the creativity in how you made it. Great job and thanks for sharing at CASology this week!

Melissa said...

Absolutely gorgeous and one layer awesomeness!!! :)
Thanks so much for joining us over at CASology!

Peanut said...

What a lovely project, Karen! Spectacular. Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
x Asha

Anke said...

Wonderful card, Karen.

Helen Gullett said...

Wow! Karen this is fabulous and beautiful one layer card. No need anything else to add to it, it is already showing its beauty and uniqueness.

Lindsey said...

Wow this is fabulous Karen! Love the different hues of blue and the scoring. Love it x

Linda said...

Beautiful one layer card. I love the effect from dragging the ink on the acrylic block. Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

shirley-bee said...

You always make fabulous backgrounds, Karen, and this is no exception! That technique looks so effective. Thanks for playing along at Craft Stamper Take It Make It :)