Saturday 14 May 2016

Sunny Watercolor

Morning.

Meet today's card.
I am really trying hard to work outside of my favourite blue colour palette so I chose these colours at the Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoast this morning.


I began by stamping the flower from STAMPlorations on some scrap paper and cut a mask so I could use it to stamp multiple times.  I inked up my stamp with Memento black ink and stamped the first flower in the bottom corner to make that my focal point.  Then I covered it with the mask and stamped the flowers on either side.  
I used my Brushos to watercolor my flowers by sprinkling some out into a painter's palette (the plastic ones that you can add and mix paint into) and added water.  I love using them as I find you can get many shades just by varying the amount of water you use.  


I fussy cut out the flowers and using pop dots, mounted it onto my white card front.  I stamped the sentiment which is also from STAMPlorations then pierced a border around the edge to add more interest. 

I am adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says- FLOWERS

STAMPlorations- CAS ANYTHING GOES

Shopping Our Stash- APRIL SHOWERS BRING MAY FLOWERS 

The Card Concept- YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE
(clean and layered)

Just Add Ink- MASKING


 Have a great weekend and thanks so much for dropping in.

Supplies:  stamps- STAMPLORATIONS/ ink- Memento bl/ Brushos/ paintbrush/ paper piercer/ pop dots

23 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

WOW! Karen, this is gorgeous and bright, sunny fabulous! I LOVE it over the moon! These are not your normal colors, and this is a fabulous floral image! Wow, what pop this card has, and I love your piercing!! Stunning card, sweet friend! And you are so gifted with the Brushos! Amazing! Hoping you are having a bright, sunny day! Hugs!

Diane Jaquay said...

I'm a big fan of orange and this card is just GORGEOUS, Karen!! I think it's one of those underused colors (like purple!)

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is gorgeous and I love the colors of those big beautiful blooms.

nancy littrell said...

OMG Karen, your Gorgeous flowers do Pop! I love your Brushos watercolored, masked and fussy cut flowers! Beautiful CAS design and sentiment too. TFS my friend. Hugs, Nancy

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, this is simply beautiful! Love those fabulous colored blooms. So glad you could join us at The Card Concept!

Dotty Jo said...

Wow, what a simply stunning creation! I wish I could make cards like yours! Jo x

LauraJane:) said...

So beautifully colored, your masking is superb!! Thanks for playing at TCC:)

Donna Cala said...

Love these "new" colors.

Loll said...

Gorgeous design Karen. Love the bright and sunny colours of your flowers. Sunshine in a card. :) xx

Julie Gearinger said...

Wow, I agree with the others- this is spectacular!! Love the colors for your blossoms along with your perfect masking!! Thanks for sharing with us at The Card Concept :-)

Susanne Vargas said...

Great masking and beautiful coloring! Love it!

Nikki Spencer said...

Lovely use of the masking technique Karen. Beautiful bold blooms, such a cheery card with a great sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

Anonymous said...

Wow - wonderful depth of colour - I really love the touch of paper piercing on this card. Chantell JAI

Gabi MeWi said...

I love this card...

Chana Malkah said...

I love it when someone is bold enough to use ORANGE OUT LOUD in a design! You have done a great job of using this often overlooked color! Thanks for embracing our challenge this week at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

Christine Blain said...

What a beautiful card, Karen! I love the vibrant colours, and depth of colour you've achieved on those gorgeous flowers. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week!

AB. said...

Stunning colouring and exceptional masking technique...very well done. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept. xx

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is gorgeous!

ColourmehappyDi said...

Wow, Karen those masked blooms are wonderful - so bold & beautifully coloured & your choice of sentiment works so well with them. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.
Di :)

Gayatri said...

WOW! Bright, bold and beautiful! LOVE it! Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Flowers Challenge.
Gayatri xx

Swapna B Patil said...

Such a lovely card... Loved everything about it.. the layers, colours, small details...

Linda said...

WOW!! This is gorgeous ... I love the colours! Thanks for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS challenge xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

My gosh! The colors on this are so scrumptious! Wow! Just wow!