Tuesday 3 May 2016

Happy Hollyhocks

Morning.

Hollyhocks are one of my favourite flowers but sadly, I am unable to grow them in my garden so playing with this stamp from Impression Obsession makes me happy.   
Sorry, another blue card but it seems I am drawn to that colour and the combinations I can get  using different shades of blue with other colours.  For this one, I tried to add some purples in with my blues to perk up the look of the flowers.

So, I grabbed my MISTI, positioned my stamp inside then coloured the flowers using Memento markers, sprayed with water and stamped.  I did that a few times to get a watercoloured looking impression.  I then went back in with some purple ink and a wet paintbrush and added some more colour to the flower heads.
When it was dry, I inked the edges with Salty Ocean Distress ink and again, with a wet paint brush, pulled some of the blue in around the flowers.
The sentiment is from Rubbernecker and stamped it in Memento black ink.

Simon Says- ANYTHING GOES

Crafting from the Heart- ANYTHING GOES

Craftin Desert Divas- IN THE GARDEN

Craft Your Passion- ANYTHING GOES


Thanks so very much for taking time to visit.  I appreciate it so much.

Supplies:  stamps- Rubbernecker, Impression Obsession/ ink- Memento, Distress/ Memento markers/ inking tool/ MISTI/ Mini mister



15 comments:

Loll said...

This is such a gorgeous image and you have made it even better with your wonderful skills, Karen. Love the dimension you've created with the different shades of colours.

I NEVER tire of your beautiful blue creations ... you never need to be sorry. This is the colour that makes you happy. That's what this hobby is all about ... doing what we love. And I LOVE seeing your blue cards. :) xx



Lin said...

You can do blue everyday, Karen, and I'd never tire of it! I love this!

SD pooja said...

I loved your blue cards :)

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, I agree that you can do blue every day!! YOU rock with blue, and I love these hollyhocks! I have the die but didn't realize they have the stamp too. Just added it to my ever-growing wish list - hehe! Beautifully done, sweet friend, and I love the matting! Hugs! xoxo

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love your hollyhocks. I used to grow a lot of them but then when we remodeled the contractors moved the ground they grew on away so I lost my pretty blooms. Yours are gorgeous on this card. Love that stamp too!

Diane Jaquay said...

Lovely, dreamy card!!

Unknown said...

As always love your hollyhocks...I bought this stamp because of your work with it! Love your technique!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I like the hints of purple in this card. It's very nice!

nancy littrell said...

I never tire of your Gorgeous blue creations Karen. Your Hollywood's are so beautiful with your blue and purple shading and watercolored wash. TFS my friend.

Elody said...

Oh ! wow! so wonderful ! Thank you for joining us at Craftin Desert Diva's In the Garden Linky Party!

Teresa Kline said...

so pretty Karen! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Bonnie said...

I always love your hollyhocks and they take me back to when I was a child and my mother grew them. I've never been able to get them to grow either so I especially love to see them on this card!

CraftYourPassion said...

This is so beautiful and your watercolour technique looks fantastic.Just love the colours and the sentiment is lovely.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
Lisa x

Anke said...

Beautiful card, Karen. So lovely ...

Hugs
Anke

Daria said...

I love the feeling you created on this card. The hollyhocks are lovely; colors are wonderful. TFS.