Saturday 21 May 2016

Treasured Friends

Morning.
Long weekends, summer skies...ahhh, I can already feel the sunny warmth.

Today, I was inspired with the challenge at Splitcoast from the Wall Plates online Store.  
I am playing with some fun, new releases from Penny Black.

I began by getting out my MISTI.  I find myself using it all the time now and it makes adding layers of colour so easy to do.  So, I placed my tree stamp called Shade Canopy inside my MISTI, coloured it using Memento markers, sprayed with water then stamped.  I then repeated that process adding darker shades of green to my tree until I was happy with the look.




When that was dry, I stamped the sentiment from the new Penny Black set called Treasured Collection with Memento black ink.  I sponged the sky using Tumbled Glass Distress ink keeping the ink around the tree to give it a bit of a glow.  

 Adding my card to these challenges:


Brown Sugar- ANYTHING GOES

Crafting With Friends- ANYTHING GOES

 Aud Sentiments- ANYTHING GOES + SENTIMENT


Thanks so very much for coming by and taking a look.
Enjoy your weekend.

Supplies:  stamps- Penny Black/ ink- Memento, Distress/ sponge applicator/ Memento markers/ MISTI

19 comments:

Kristie W. said...

What a wonderful work of art! The tree looks beautiful with the shading you achieved.

Dortesjs said...

wonderfulcard love the colours

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

BEAUTIFUL, love the sentiment too.
Faith
x

nancy littrell said...

Beautifully stamped and spritzed tree using your MISTI. I love using the same layer stamping with my MISTI. I can't stamp anymore without my MISTI:-) I love your beautiful sentiment too Karen. TFS my friend. Hugs, Nancy

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love your beautiful scene you created. And, another awesome sentiment to go with it too!

coldwaters2 said...

What a beautiful creation Karen the texture of that tree is awesome it looks like a water colour painting, brilliant card
hugs
lorraine x

Donna Ellis said...

Beautifully done, Karen, and such rich, vibrant green hues! Lovely bright "halo" around the tree, making the sky seems perfectly blue with a touch of clouds hiding behind the tree! Lovely card, Karen! hugs, de

Lisa Lara said...

That tree is absolutely amazing Karen.

Sue said...

Hi Karen, Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your comment.

I love this card. The sentiment is perfect.

Hope you are having a nice weekend. Sue

MaryH said...

So lovely, and the markers added such depth to the tree greenery. Great effort with the Misti...I love it! TFS

Nstiz said...

Love the technique! I never thought to stamp in color in several steps! Your soft background is gorgeous!

Susanne Vargas said...

I am absolutely in love with your beautiful tree card! Might have to put that stamp on my wish list as I love trees...

Loll said...

This is so beautiful and serene Karen. Your watercoloured tree is gorgeous. xx

KandA said...

Beautiful card Karen and I love that tree stamp xx

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

What a great project! I love the design & colors you used. Thanks for sharing it with us at Aud Sentiments, hope to see you again for our next challenge!
Jennifer
Simply Papercraft DT
Creative Knockouts DT
Aud Sentiments DT
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge DT
Kitty Bee Designs DT

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS card, Karen! I love how you stamped the tree with hues of green, and your CAS design is stunning! So happy you played along with us this week at ATSM! We always enjoy seeing your beautiful creations in the gallery!

Viv said...

Stunning artwork. Love it.

Pauline said...

Gorgeous Karen! I just bought this stamp today, can't wait to play with it. Love the sentiment too. Thanks for the inspiration.

Karen said...

Lovely Card, thanks for sharing it with us in the Brown Sugar Challenge, Karen Dt