Sunday 4 February 2018

Paper Pieced- The Flower Challenge

Good Morning.
I have another fun challenge for you to try out at 

This month our theme is:

I haven't paper pieced for a very long time so it was fun to see what I could come up with.
I looked through my inked pieces that I had on hand and found one that had a lot of  'Spring-like' colours in it.  I had made the inked paper by dropping Ranger Alcohol inks onto Yupo paper. 
I like to make a few at a time so I can set them aside for future use on my cards.

I stamped this lovely flower called Awaken from Penny Black onto a piece of heavy white cardstock using black Memento ink and my Misti.
I stamped the flowers again onto a piece of Yupo paper but this time with Versamark and then I white heat  embossed the flowers. 
*when embossing with Yupo paper, but sure and keep you heat gun moving or your paper will totally warp*
While the embossed flowers cooled, I coloured the flower stems with my Zig markers.
I fussy cut out the flowers and glued them over the top of the stamped image on my card front.
I stamped the sentiment using my Misti then sponged the edges with Distress inks and splattered with some water to lift some of the ink.

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.
I hope you will check out the challenge and come and see what the talented designers have created!

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES
Craft Stamper Magazine- MAKE IT, ANYTHING GOES
Stamping Sensations- ANYTHING WITH FLOWERS
Love to Create- ANYTHING CREATIVE/MIXED MEDIA


Supplies
Stamps- Awaken (PB); Gratitude (PB)
Inks- Tuxedo Black Memento; Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean Distress ink; Versamark
Paper- heavy white (local store); Yupo
Accessories and Tools- Zig Real Brush markers; white eb powder; heat tool; Alcohol ink (Ranger);
sponging tool (TH)

30 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

stunning Karen
Gr Karin

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely stunning Karen, beautifully designed and the paper pieceing is fabulous, gorgeous colours, Kate x x

Christine Alexander said...

gorgeous Karen, love the blues and greens of your flower. Heat embossing my yupo always frightens me :)

Loll said...

Beautiful paper pieced flowers Karen! Love how you've inked the image in black, but paper pieced with white embossing. Looks great. Good on you for heat embossing on Yupo --- it's tricky! xx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

What a lovely card Karen and the colours that you've used tone in with each other beautifully. I really like the flower stamp and I don't think I've seen that one before, so thank you for sharing this with us at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

Ellibelle said...

Really beautiful paper piecing Karen. And what a gorgeous stamp. Need to add it to my wish list for sure! Thanks for the great inspiration!

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so gorgeous! I love that you embossed the pieced sections with white and then added the fantastic colors to it.

Bonnie said...

Wow, Karen! This is a beautiful paper pieced card! Love the variation of colors in them! Gorgeous background too!

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, Karen, this is gorgeous! I love the variations of color on the Yupo paper (you are so amazing with the mixed media), and your paper-piecing is fabulous! Beautifully done, as always, sweet friend! Been MIA for a while and trying to get back into the swing of things! Warm hugs and love! xoxo

nancy littrell said...

TFS all the steps for your Gorgeous paper pieced and heat embossed flowers, Karen. I love how you used your AI Yupo background for different paper pieced highlights. Really creative way to use paper piecing, my friend. Hugs..

Brawny x said...

Fabulous card Karen. Love it x

Pat said...

This is so beautiful Karen and I love the paper piecing using alcohol inked Yupo which you have really successfully heat embossed with the white, and the inking round the edges and your splattered water bleaching looks great in the background. x

Susan said...

Lovely blend of colours in the flowers. Great fussy cutting and paper piecing.

papierelle said...

That's amazing!!! Love the colours and your colouring!!

brenda said...

A great card and love your choice of colours, it's just perfect for our 'Anything with Flowers' theme at Stamping Sensations, many thanks for joining in.

B x

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous card - love how you have used the alsohol inks on yupo as your background for the paper piecing
Blessings
Maxine

Mac Mable said...

Such a wonderful idea to paper piece using the alcohol inks and what a stunning effect. Eye poppingly gorgeous x

Bobby said...

That is a perfect flower for the way I do paper piecing which is to stamp the image several times and fussy cut them into layers, popping them up on each other. Yours makes such an impact with that wonderful alcohol ink paper, Karen.

maria f. said...

This is truly gorgeous Karen.

Jo Nevill said...

Your card is gorgeous ! I love how you've coloured the flowers.
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week. Jo x

Cara said...

Your inked background has created beautiful flowers on this gorgeous card x

Tracy said...

I love your choice of image, beautiful details and the design too, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Viv said...

Gorgeous card and love your pretty flowers too Karen. Great paper piecing and super colour combo's too ;) hugs Viv xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I LOVE the white embossing and your amazing colouring.
Faith
x

Unknown said...

Beautiful card. I’ve never thought of using Yupo paper for paper piecing. I love the texture you created by using your own inks on Yupo paper...then using that paper to create the flower. Amazing! Thank you for the inspiration.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Love the beautiful background you created for this gorgeous flowers, the white embossing really makes them stand out.
Hugs.

Susan said...

Your card is absolutely beautiful! I LOVE the colors and your piecing is fabulous!

Cheetarah said...

Absolutely beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with the Craft Stamper Challenge! xo Cheetarah xo Cheetarah

Terry said...

Stunning project Thank you so much for sharing with the DT from We Love To Create Challenge Hugs Terry xxx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

This really jumped out and caught my attention. Fabulous!!