Sunday 25 February 2018

Paint Your Dreams


Hello and Welcome.
Just popping in with a super quick, simple card today.

I think this card was so inspired by my need for Spring to arrive.
Can you believe that I went with green and not blues?!!

I began creating my card front by masking off the top and bottom portions as I wanted to keep the stenciling to the center area of my paper leaving some white space top and bottom.
I rubbed Peeled Paint over my stencil with a sponge applicator then removed it.  I stamped the clock face (an old stamp with no name on it) off to the side for interest.
Next, I placed the flowers into my Misti, inked them up with black Memento and stamped over the stenciled bkg.
I added some black paint splatters for interest as well.
That's it.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says- Make Your Own Bkg.
Little Red Wagon- GO GREEN
Stamping Sensations- ANYTHING WITH FLOWERS
Dragonfly Dreams- FLOWERS


Supplies
Stamps- Life is Art (Stampendous); Dans la Nature (Carabelle); Meadow (Inkadinkadoo)
Inks- Tuxedo Black Memento; Peeled Paint (Distress)
Paper- heavy white (local store)
Accessories and Tools- Misti; Stencil- TCW; inking tool (TH); ScorTape; paint brush

22 comments:

Sarn said...

Simply GORGEOUS. x

Susan said...

Here in Vancouver we thought spring was on its way and then we had large dumps of snow over the past few days. My little snowdrops that were just starting to bloom are now covered in 8" of snow! So I love your card with its fresh green colour and airy blooms! Great layering of stencil and clock stamp to create the background.

Evelyn S. said...

It's a great one...and would most likely be beautiful in blue, too! The technique of stencils and stamps, plus some flicks of paint is appealing. One layer with a load of details!

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful green stenciled and stamped background for your silhouette flowers and wonderful sentiment. I love how you added your splatters, too. TFS my friend. Hugs

Annie said...

Karen, I love this! It’s a sure sign that Spring MUST be on its way soon. At least I wish. I think I’ll follow your idea here while I’m making a couple of Easter cards. Perfect timing as I’ve been thinking about what to do in that direction. Thank you for sharing your art and inspiring me!

Christine Alexander said...

Karen, this is such a gorgeous colour combo with the black and green. Such a striking card with your beautiful stenciled background. It's so nice to be thinking of spring even when it snows:)

Brenda said...

I love the beautiful artsy feel of your card. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Little Red Wagon this week!

Ellibelle said...

Just beautiful Karen, you do amazing things with ink and silhouette stamps!

cuilliesocks said...

So beautiful Karen, I love the background and the soft colours you've used, brilliant design and lovely sentiment, Kate x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

you always make it sound so simple to create such wonderful cards. Love it.
Faith
x

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love the colors. So striking with the deep black against that background.

Loll said...

Love the fresh colour of green with white. The black adds some drama. Beautiful card Karen! xx

Pat said...

Your stencilled backgrounds are always so interesting Karen and love the black silhouette flowers and one of your very interesting and thoughtful sentiments. x

brenda said...

How very pretty the stamping looks against the harlequin background, many thanks for joining in with our 'Flowers' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is a very beautiful card Karen
Gr Karin

Bobby said...

Green is a change of pace and very Spring-y, Karen. The 'weeds' balance out that long sentiment beautifully.

Bonnie said...

Another fabulous background with your silhouette wildflowers and a fantastic sentiment! Love the green!

Mac Mable said...

You are the amazing at layering your backgrounds...absolutely love this card x

Joan said...

Love the layered background and the silhouetted flowers

Thanks for joining us at stamping Sensations this month

Joan

Dortesjs said...

A naturally talented lady you make brilliant cards for sure ;O)

Melissa Bove said...

Gorgeous card! Love that sentiment, background and design! So pretty!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Brawny x said...

Great card Karen x