Saturday 3 February 2018

Take a Moment

Happy Saturday.
Today, I am playing with my Acetate Inking Technique again.  
It is so easy and fun and I can get great layering results using my Distress Oxide inks.
So here is what I did to create my card.

I began by taking a piece of acetate and inked it with Distress Oxide ink (colours listed below in the supplies list), sprayed with water and pressed onto my card, keeping the ink to the middle section of my card as I wanted to leave white space.  
 
It's a bit hard to see, but when that was dry, I stamped a butterfly collage stamp and a clock in the background using the same colour as the inking so it became more of a shadow and not a focal point.
Using my Misti, I stamped the thistles and flowers with black ink over the inky bkgd. 
I tucked the sentiment in beside the flowers.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says- ANYTHING GOES
Craft Stamper Magazine- STAMP IT, ANYTHING GOES 
Crafting With Friends- ANYTHING GOES


Supplies
Stamps- Weathered Clock (Hampton Arts); Butterfly Collage (Prima); 
Nature Flowers (Art Journey);
Dans la Nature (Carabelle)
Inks- Tuxedo Black Memento; Picked Raspberry, Fossilized Amber, 
Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxide (TH)
Paper- heavy white (local store)
 Accessories and Tools- Misti; acetate sheet; Mister (TH)

26 comments:

Craftychris said...

Love the warm colours, gorgeous card! xxx

Pat said...

This is gorgeous Karen and I love the colours of oxide and the super background stamping with the lovely silhouette teasels and grass stamps in black over the top. I love the way the sentiment follows the stem too. x

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very beautiful. Wonderful colors.

nancy littrell said...

Love your layered DOX's inks, Karen. It was fun finding your hidden clock, butterflies and script in the background:-) I never tire of your silhouette stamped thistle and wildflowers. Clever stamped sentiment along the stem of your thistle too. TFS my friend. Hugs...

Susan said...

Love the colours you used - what a beautiful combination! And I can see the texture from the faint background stamping. Fabulous combination of stamps for the focal image, and great way to tuck in the sentiment!

Laura said...

Beautiful card, Karen! Love the colors you chose for the acetate inked background! ANd very cool how you also added some stamped the images in the background! Perfect Look. The thistles and flowers and sentiment look wonderful on your background! Thanks for sharing! Hugs, Laura

Dotty Jo said...

Another stunning card, Jo x

SmilynStef said...

Wow ... fantastic design.

Bonnie said...

You get such wonderful backgrounds, my friend! I love that subtle stamped background! I'll have to remember this color combination!

Christine Alexander said...

you make the most awesome DOX backgrounds. love the card :)

Gabi MeWi said...

It sounds like you've had fun making this gorgeous background .

Loll said...

Love these beautiful spring colours Karen. Your acetate inked background is so pretty and I love the subtle shadow stamping in the background. It creates so much depth to the card. xx

Marcia said...

Great colors!! I love, love, love the background. Great detail to add the images in the same color. So interesting!!

cuilliesocks said...

Beautifully designed and coloured card Karen, fabulous background, Kate x x

Bobby said...

I have yet to put this technique to use, Karen, but both this and the blue card are wonderful and so is that thistle stamp. That was a perfect place to stamp the sentiment.

Brawny x said...

Absolutely fabulous card Karen x

Mac Mable said...

The shadow stamping is gorgeous and adds a wonderful layer without dominating. Great colours and the black stamping looks fabulous x

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Love the layering effect ... and such warm colours. I love it.

Virginia L. said...

So artistic and beautiful, Karen!! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

Diana @ Playingwithoutlimits said...

I need to try this technique.

Cara said...

Beautiful card, love the warm colours x

Julie S said...

Your card is so gorgeous. I love the stamp and color choices (those thistle!
Yum). I'm going to have to try that technique.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO VERY beautiful, love those colours and the stamp.
Faith
x

Linda said...

This is gorgeous .... love the inky background. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper Challenge xx

Jennalee Anderson said...

I love your Oxide technique. Especially the shadow stamping!! The composition of the card is beautiful. Thank you for playing along in the Craft Stamper Challenge.

Cheetarah said...

Beautiful and serene card! Thanks for playing along with the Craft Stamper Challenge! xo Cheetarah