Thursday 8 February 2018

Shadow Stamping

Morning.
Meet today's card.
Thought I would make more \of a non-traditional card for Valentine's Day.

I began by sponging my white card stock with Peeled Paint Distress inks and added some Mowed Lawn DI along the edges.  Next, I rubbed the whole piece with my anti-static bag then placed the heart branches from Penny Black called All You Need  into my Misti.  I inked up the branches with Versamark then stamped them onto my green base.  I sprinkled on some white embossing powder and heated it up.  I then moved my paper inside my Misti and stamped the branches again using the same green as I had for the card base to create a shadow effect.  
I stamped the sentiment from the PB set called Smitten in the top corner using my Misti again then splattered the whole piece with some water to lift the ink.
It still needed something, so I inked up the Script stamp with more of the Peeled Paint and stamped that randomly in the bkg.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

 Adding my card to these challenges:
 Simon Says Wed.- IT MUST BE LOVE
Addicted to Stamps and More - HOLIDAY
Cute Card Thursday- LOVE
Moving Along With The Times- LOVE
Mod Squad- HAVE A HEART


Supplies
Stamps- All You Need (PB); Smitten (PB); Script (PB)
Inks- Versamark; Peeled Paint, Mowed Lawn DI (TH); Tuxedo Black Memento
Paper- heavy white (local store)
Accessories and Tools- Misti; white eb powder; inking tool (TH); heat tool; anti-static bag

31 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Such an effective technique on your gorgeous card. The stamp is ever so pretty with those cute hearts. Sending a hug right back at you xx

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

This is a really beautiful card.
I love that 3D effect you get with the shadow stamping.
xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous Karen

gr karin

nancy littrell said...

Wow..LOVE your shadow stamping technique, Karen. That would be a cool technique when it is your turn to host SCS TLC:-) TFS your creative and pretty non-traditional Valentine, my friend. Hugs..

Cheri said...

This is gorgeous! I haven't done shadow stamping for quite awhile...thanks for the inspiration.

Glennis F said...

Lovely! I haven't tried the shadow stamping as yet, thanks for the reminder

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Wow! Such impressive shadows!!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very gorgeous!

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely beautiful, a very different card for you, colour wise anyway, beautifully designed, Kate x x

Christine Alexander said...

love that technique, it really does look shadowed, Beautiful card and love the green background with the script.

Susan said...

Love the way you did the shadows - a technique I've never tried so thank you for describing the process. Lovely colours for a non-traditional Valentine.

Pat said...

What a beautiful green background and the heart shaped leaves stand out beautifully, and I love that bit of script in the background too Karen. x

Gibmiss said...

Fabulous card Karen
I have that stamp... love what you have done with it... looks great... I might CAS it if you don't mind....
Hugs Sylvie xx

Bonnie said...

Your ghost stamping is amazing, Karen! I thought the stems were die cuts until I read your description! Love the deep green background and the script stamping in the background!

Annie said...

Karen, that shadow stamping technique looks really awesome! I too thought the white stems were die cut. Love that green background.
Thanks for sharing how this is done.

kiwimeskreations said...

Karen I honestly though you had die cuts with shadows there - a fabulous make
Blessings
Maxine

papierelle said...

Wow, that looks really real !! Wonderful!!

Bobby said...

Those shadows look terrific, Karen. I'm with Maxine. I though it was die cuts on top of a stamp. It's such a great technique.

Annick said...

it looks so FRESH!

Jenny L said...

Hi Karen,
what a very gorgeous card and your inking technique is brilliant.
Love the unusual colour and your super design.
Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

Doris knippenenplakken said...

Beautiful card Karen !
Hugs Doris

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

INCREDIBLE stamping, I thought you had used a die, absolutely GORGEOUS.
Faith
x

Wendy L said...

So pretty, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxxx

Craftychris said...

This is absolutely stunning! The shadow stamping looks fantastic and so effective. xxx

Loll said...

Perfection!! LOVE this technique that adds so much depth and dimension. Gorgeous non-traditional valentine's colours Karen. Gorgeous design! xx

Susanne Vargas said...

I can't believe that this is not a white die cut with shadow behind it! It looks so incredibly dimensional! Really breathtaking, Karen! Have to try this!

beverly said...

So very clever...a simple solution...why didn't we think of this sooner..Thanks for sharing and being so creatative!

Late Blooming said...

Very nice and I love green.

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, beautiful card, love the shadow effect.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
luv
Debby

Cathy P said...

Love your card, Karen! The die cut heart vines are so pretty against the background you created. Thanks for playing along with our Holiday challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More. Hugs, Cathy

Cards by Beckie said...

A lovely card. Thank you for sharing at Moving Along With The Times. Sorry for the late comment. Beckie x