Monday 19 February 2018

Silhouette-Collage


Meet today's card.
I went for a very simple design, trying my hand at a square card again.

I wanted to create a collage-style bkg to help feature my silhouette flowers.
I masked off my card front and first stenciled in the top left hand corner then stamped the rest with Peacock Feathers Distress ink.  I also sponged the edges with more DI to help define the stamped area.  I removed the masks then stamped the sentiment from Daisy Bucket and the silhouette flowers.

Simple and I get to use more of my stamps.
*tip- by using just one colour, you can create your own background using the stamps you already 
have in your stash*


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Stamping Sensations- ANYTHING WITH FLOWERS
Crafting With Friends- ANYTHING GOES

Supplies
Stamps- Wildflowers (Purple Onion); Graffiti (Kaisercraft); Measuring Tape (Darkroom Door); 
Enjoy the Moment (Daisy Bucket)
Ink- Tuxedo Black Memento; Peacock Feathers Distress (TH)
Paper- heavy white (local store)
Accessories and Tools- post it tape; Specimens Stencil (TCW); sponging tool (TH); Misti 

18 comments:

Pat said...

This collage stamp works well here Karen and adore the pretty blue with the black silhouette flowers and sentiment, and masking the square and adding some blended ink to define it has given a great crisp finish. x

Ellibelle said...

Simply amazing Karen!

Bonnie said...

These are such pretty little wildflowers! Love that masked background with them!

maria f. said...

Karen, you rock these types of CAS cards! So pretty.

Glennis F said...

Fabulous design, I love it!

KarinsArtScrap said...

very beautiful Karen

gr karin

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful collage stenciled and stamped background with only one color. I love the effect with your stamped silhouette flowers. As always, you have used a wonderful sentiment:-) TFS Karen. Hugs...

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful stenciled background for those pretty silhouette images.

cuilliesocks said...

Wow how fabulous, love the background, beautifully desined and coloured card, Kate x x

Anonymous said...

hi Karen what a beautiful card,well done my friend xx

Loll said...

I am loving your collage backgrounds. They are so interesting and fun ... and you're right, it's a great way to use all kinds of stamps if you keep the colour the same. I will have to try this out!! Love the drama with the black stamped flowers. Gorgeous design!! xx

Susan said...

Love the background you created by layering all those stamps! Fabulous setting for your silhouette stamps!

Christine Alexander said...

wonderful background, I love that graffiti stamp, sadly it's no longer available :(
the stamp layering with the the black flower really pops

brenda said...

The black silhouette blooms really pop against your inky background, perfect for our 'Flowers' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

YEP! I do enjoy the moment when I visit, to enjoy your wonderful creations.
Faith
x

Bobby said...

You make this look so good and easy, Karen.

cm said...

You've created a lovely collage for your pretty silhouette flowers! Eye-catching! So thrilled to see this gem in the Addicted to Stamps and More gallery!
~carol

Lynne K said...

Gorgeous design, Karen, love the simplicity of it, and the colours. Thank you for sharing it with us for our floral challenge at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne