Friday 16 February 2018

You Touch My Heart- CAS Watercolour Challenge



Hello and welcome.
Time for another card for the 
Our theme for this month is 'heart'.

Be sure and check out the fabulous creations that our talented designers have created and our special GD this month, Sue from Sue's Card Craft.

So onto my card.
I began by cutting a simple heart shape from a piece of scrap paper.  I laid that over my white cardstock to use as a mask.  Next, I inked the inside of an embossing folder with Distress ink, sprayed with some water and pressed over the masked area.  That created a watercolour looking bkg.
I immediately removed the mask and dried with my heat tool. 
I placed the inked piece inside my Misti and stamped the sentiment from Penny Black centering it over the top of my heart.

I sponged in the edges with Distress ink to help define the heart shape and then using a piercing tool, I went around and pierced the edges for added interest.

Hope you will come and play along with us.

Supplies
Stamp- Smitten (PB)
Ink- Tuxedo Black Memento; Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers Distress (TH)
Paper- heavy white (local store)
Accessories and Tools- Misti; piercing tool; Texte Grunge EB folder (Carabelle); sponging tool (TH);
scrap paper to cut mask; Mister (TH)


Before I go........


EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENT!
A new challenge is starting
begins March 3rd
(click on here to check it out!)

17 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's very beautiful Karen

gr karin

nancy littrell said...

TFS all your details, Karen. I love how you masked your heart and then created a stamped watercolored image with your embossing folder. Beautiful background for your beautiful stamped sentiment. Piercing your heart edge was a wonderful CAS border that brought your heart image all together. TFS my friend. Hugs...

cuilliesocks said...

Fabulous design Karen, love the heart and words, Kate x x

Anonymous said...

Wow Karen i love this card the words are so beautiful,well done my friend xx

Pat said...

What a clever card Karen with the inked embossing folder technique and extra blended colour to give great interest to the heart, and such a beautiful sentiment, also the pierced edge gives wonderful definition to the heart shape. x

Bonnie said...

What a clever heart, my friend! I love your heart with the pierced outline and that beautiful sentiment!

Loll said...

Love your design Karen. I say that with every card you make!! This is artsy and beautiful at the same time. Great design with the masked and pierced heart. xx

Barb said...

It's lovely Karen and what a great sentiment. Barbxx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Another beautiful card design with that heart and lovely colors and sentiment.

Christine Alexander said...

love the simplicity of the layout and the amazing embossing folder effects :)

Bobby said...

The piercing really finishes off your wonderful heart, Karen.

Susan said...

Beautiful Valentine - wonderful colours, fabulous sentiment, great use of the heart shape and the piercing.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a wonderful design and effect.
Faith
x

Papercraft Boutique said...

I was wondering how you made that stunning heat background when I saw the picture of your card. Thank you for providing the details, Karen! Masking outside of the heat and stamping the image by inking inside the embossing folder achieved wonderful results. The sentiment stamp looks like it were made for your heart - it lays out perfectly. Beautiful shades of blue, as always. Hideko

kiwimeskreations said...

What a delight to behold Karen - love how you have used the embossing folder and masking to make your background for this stunning card.
Blessings
Maxine

Mac Mable said...

What a great idea to make you own mask and do the wonderful background through it. The piercing finishes off this fabulous card beautifully x

Anke said...

WOW WOW WOW absolutely stunning, Karen. Great design, beautiful colors and I love the wonderful sentiment.

Hugs
Anke