Friday 2 February 2018

Love Note- CAS Watercolour Challenge

Hello and Welcome.

Time for more fun at the 

 With Valentine's Day right around the corner it's a great time to create a heart card.
We are so happy to also welcome Sue from Sue's Card Craft as our Guest this month.
Come and see what our talented team has created.


I began my card by creating the backdrop for my cute little Penny Black houses.
To do that, I rubbed some Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers and Seedless Preserves Distress Oxide inks onto my acrylic stamping block, sprayed with water and pressed onto my paper.
I also used some Seedless Preserves to paint the little heart on top of house in the center.
I mounted the inked background and the little houses over a circle die-cut front.
Stamped the sentiment from the cute Smitten set by Penny Black using my Misti.



Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES
Shopping Our Stash- HE LOVES ME, HE LOVES ME NOT
The Male Room- INSPIRED BY TV
(Fixer Upper)
Addicted to Stamps and More- MAKE YOUR  MARK
(acrylic block inking)
Just Add Ink- ADD ROMANCE

Supplies
Stamps- Smitten (Penny Black)
Inks- Tuxedo Black Memento; Distress Oxides
Paper- heavy white (local store)
Accessories and Tools- Neighbourhood Love (PB); Misti; acrylic stamping block; Mister (TH)


22 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Pretty colours on the background and great technique of the acrylic block. Love the little die cut houses set on the curve and and a cute sentiment and cute little heart x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful inky background for those cute house and the simple sentiment.
Faith
x

nancy littrell said...

Such a pretty watercoloured sky for your sweet die cut houses, Karen. I LOVE your "Smitten" Just a little Love Note, sentiment. Your card could be used for several different occasions, including Valentine's Day. "Smitten" has become one of my newer favorite sentiment stamp sets...quess who made me get the set? You, of course! TFS, my friend. Hugs..

Ellibelle said...

Such a cute card, love the row of houses and fabulous design!

Christine Alexander said...

Karen, great colouring for your sky and such a great layout with your diecuts. It's so sweet :)

Marina said...

What a perfect design - I love the cute little houses on the beautiful background.

KarinsArtScrap said...

very beautiful Karen

gr karin

kiwimeskreations said...

What a pretty card Karen - the houses look lovely against the blue sky, and the black wondows create some drama.
Blessings
Maxine

Dortesjs said...

awww beautiful houses and colours.have a great week end

Craftychris said...

Beautiful watercolour background for the cute little houses. Love the little heart and the lovely sentiment! xxx

Pat said...

I love your pretty watercolour background Karen and the sweet little buildings with the two small hearts go beautifully over the circular aperture. A great design. x

Loll said...

Sweet!! Love the beautiful colours of your watercoloured background, Karen. And great design with the circle aperture and your adorable die-cut houses. xx

Deborah Frings said...

Good take on the challenge. I do enjoy watching Fixer Upper! Love the sky behind those houses! Thanks for playing along with our TV inspired challenge at The Male Room, Deborah. DT.

Bonnie said...

Your little love note is adorable, Karen! I love your little houses and the tiny heart is so sweet! I love this non-traditional Valentine!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Karen :-) the little houses are adorable and I love the blended background and simple design, very cute :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x

Chris Dring said...

Gorgeous inked background and lovely CAS design! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Anonymous said...

Cute layout and a lovely colourful background. Lovely and fresh. Chantell Just Add Ink

Bobby said...

The block stamped background looks wonderful behind the darling little houses, Karen, and the purple heart picks up the color in the sky. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Addicted to Stamps and More.

KimB said...

Those colours are a lovely way to highlight your cute little houses Karen. I love how you matched them with the little purple heart! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Jan said...

Such a gorgeous card Karen! Your inked block background is so vibrant and colourful and your black and white houses really pop against it. Such a beautiful design! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

Diana @ Playingwithoutlimits said...

I love houses.

Diana
https://playingwithoutlimits.wordpress.com/

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! I didn't notice you had entered into the challenge when I last visited, BUT I am only to happy to repeat how wonderful this card is. Thanks for sharing with us at The Male Room. - Faith DT
PS GREAT idea to use this for the theme of inspired by TV, I LOVE "fixer upper" programs LOL.