Sunday 28 January 2018

Dream On- Acetate Inking

Good Morning.
Today, I have the pleasure once again, of hosting the TLC Challenge (Technique Lovers) over at 
Splitcoast Stampers.
I decided to feature one of my favorite and easy techniques called 

Any of you that are regular visitors to my blog already know how often I use this technique.
I thought if would be so fun to see what others can create using it too.
To see the original post here on my blog go here or search 
Acetate Inking to see all the cards I have tagged using this technique.

For today's card, I inked the acetate sheet using Peeled Paint, Iced Spruce and Cracked Pistachio Distress inks, sprayed with water and pressed onto my paper.   I did each colour separately so I could dry each in between inkings using my heat tool.  Love the chalking look the Oxides give.

When it was all dry, I stamped this wonderful image from Prima using Memento black then clear heat embossed to help all the details pop.


Thanks so very much, for coming by and taking a look.

Addicted to CAS- OMBRE
Addicted to Stamps and More- ANYTHING GOES
Time Out- INSPIRED BY WORDS


Supplies
Stamp- Dream On (Prima)
Inks- Distress Oxides (TH); Tuxedo Black Memento
Paper- heavy white (local store)
Accessories and Tools- acetate sheet; clear eb powder; heat tool

21 comments:

Laura said...

Beautiful card, Karen! Thanks for the link to your tutorial on this Acetate Inking technique!

Preeti D. (aka Dutt Preety) said...

Beautiful card. Love this stamp :)

KarinsArtScrap said...

fantasticcccccccc and very beautiful Karen
Gr Karin

Kia's Place said...

Awesome card Karen ... I have to try this technique, it looks like fun.

Susan said...

Fabulous card, Karen! Love that blend of colours and the great stamp. I will definitely try your technique today and post on the SCS challenge.

Craftychris said...

Such a cool card! Fab background, I still haven't tried that inking technique yet! xxx

Monica Maier said...

Love the color choices for the inked back ground! Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

Joyce said...

That technique you used creates such a beautiful card. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

nancy littrell said...

Love your card and your acetate inking technique. I will definitely be playing along on your SCS TLC challenge. TFS my friend. Hugs..

Verna Angerhofer said...

Nice collage design.

Bobby said...

This is a great technique, Karen, and looks wonderful with that graphic stamp.

Bonnie said...

I love the mix of colors and patterns of your background, Karen! Artsy and fun!

Pat said...

I love your acetate inking backgrounds which always turn out beautifully Karen, and the fascinating Prima stamp looks great over the top of this particular one. I think it is a great way of targeting the area you wish to cover with the inks. In actual fact I gave it a try on my latest post and it worked well, but your colours seem to stay nice and separate but maybe that is down to the oxide inks which I understand work in that way. x

Nora Noll said...

This is so cool!!! I LOVE the colors and the black stamping!!! GREAT technique!!

Gerrina said...

This technique gives a beautiful result! Love the colours and the stamp you used; fits so naturally on this background! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT again!

Loll said...

Gorgeous colours for your technique background, Karen. Love the silhouette image --- very cool! xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

Wow, I love this beautiful card, Karen! The soft-colored acetate inking and the strong detailed black stamp image - what a great combination! Hideko xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

You are so creative Kate, I love the result you have achieved on this card and the colours and images. Fabulous as always.
Faith
x

Mac Mable said...

So unique and absolutely stunning...Thank you for the how to on the acetate inking technique x

Bobby said...

I'm back to thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us at Addicted to CAS, Karen.

Susan Renshaw said...

Must try this technique!
Thank you for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!
Susan
Addicted to Stamps and More
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!