Tuesday 2 January 2018

Birthday Wishes- CAS Watercolour Challenge


Hello and Welcome.
Hope you had a happy beginning to the New Year!!

Time for a new theme at the 


Great chance to get some birthday cards done to have on hand.  Please check out the wonderful cards designed by the talented team and we welcome our special GD Brigit from Rapport Fran ett Skrivbord.
My card is a very simple one, done for a young man's birthday.

I began by using a piece of acetate and my Distress Oxide inks to create the colour border to the side of my card front.  You can see me use this technique a lot as it is a simple and quick way to add colour and interest to your card.  I called it Acetate Inking and I did a mini pictorial about it.

When the ink had dried, I stamped the graffiti stamp from Kaisercraft over that using the same colour of ink as I used on the inky border.  By doing that, it gives a look of texture without becoming a focal point.
I stamped the boy on the bike using my Misti and then added the sentiment.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.
Hope you can come and play along.

Adding my card to these challenges:
 Simon Says Wed- ANYTHING GOES
Shopping Our Stash- WATERCOLOR
Hiding in My Craft Room- FREESTYLE


Supplies
Stamps- Birthday (Studio G); Graffiti (Kaisercraft); Boy on Bike (Flonz)
Inks- Peeled Paint, Cracked Pistachio, Iced Spruce Distress Oxide (TH); 
Archival Black (Ranger)
Paper- heavy white (local store)
Accessories and Tools- Misti; acetate sheet; Mister (TH)

28 comments:

Loll said...

Wonderful layering of colour Karen. I like how the graffiti stamp is visible but subtle. Perfect birthday card for a young man. xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful with great colours Karen
Gr Karin

Pat said...

This is a fantastic image for a masculine birthday Karen and love the mixture of stamping and lovely watercolouring using the acetate inking technique in the background. I must give this a try. x

cuilliesocks said...

Brilliant card Karen, I love your background design and what a super image, great male card, Kate x

nancy littrell said...

I love your watercoloured layered background for your boy on a bike silhouette stamped image, Karen. Perfect for boy birthday! TFS my friend. Hugs

Becca Sadler said...

Thanks for linking this to #333 HIMCR's 5th Saturday freestyle challenge! Becca~DT

Becca Sadler said...

Tip: There's a brand new monthly challenge blog for "anything" birthday. It's called Always Happy Birthday. Check it out and their guidelines.

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen what a fantastic card you are so clever,well done xx

Bonnie said...

As always a wonderful example of acetate inking! Thanks for the tutorial by the way. Love the subtle graffiti stamping and the solid stamp of the young man! A fantastic card for a boy and they're the hardest to do IMO!

Christine Alexander said...

love your acetate inking and now I'm on a hunt for that Graffiti stamp. That is such an awesome masculine card.

SmilynStef said...

Super-rad-cool design

Susan said...

Great layering of colour - gives wonderful texture. And it's a perfect background for the boy and bike - what a fabulous card for a teenage boy!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful card Karen - I do love your technique and how you have stamped over it so subtly.
Blessings
Maxine

Tracy Freeman said...

Such a great card, love the layering and the whole design...its perfect.
Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is wonderful, love the background off to the side with the bike going into it. Super design and card.
Faith
x

I Card Everyone said...

Another Karen-awesome background! and a very cool biker, too!
=]

Verna Angerhofer said...

That's a fun image and love the colorful background for it.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Great card, I like that background, it has the feel of bike parts. I know this is Extreme Biking, but if that were me.... it'd be a bike crashing. :-)

Donna said...

Fantastic birthday card! Love that image and your background is fab!!
Thanks for watercolouring with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH this week!!

Mimi said...

I adore the look of this card-- silhouettes are so striking over a watercolor background! Your technique with that graffiti stamp is ultra-cool too! Thanks for linking up at SOS this week. Happy New Year!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh Karen, I love this silhouette of this boy and his bike, how fun and fabulous it looks against that super fabulous watercolor background.
Thanks for sharing with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH, hope you come and play again soon.
XO
Maria Rodriguez.

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous masculine card, great muted colours and love the look of the dimension x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I love your technique, i did pin it for later use. This particular card is so awesome pairing it with that image for a teen card! Awesome!

Cara said...

I love your inked panel, it looks fab against that cool silhouette stamp x

Brawny x said...

Great cardvx

Susanne Vargas said...

Awesome card for a teenage boy! Love the artsy, collage-y border!

Leslie Miller said...

Very cool background/border you made for this! A perfect card for a teen guy!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Awesome vertical border background, Karen! I love the soft layer of the acetate inking and the graffiti stamp! Hideko :-)