Sunday 28 January 2018

Follow Your Heart

Good Morning.
So happy that you had time to come for a visit and see what I have been up to.

Meet today's card.
I wanted to play with this lovely flower from the SU set called Blooming With Kindness.
I really wanted the flowers to have a watercoloured look so here is what I did.
I rubbed Salty Ocean, Peacock Feather and Dusty Concord Distress ink onto my non-stick craft mat, sprayed with a good amount of water and used that as my stamp pad, dipping the stamp into the wet ink and moving it all around covering the whole image.
I repeated that process adding more ink if needed and when it was all dry, I die-cut the piece using a stitched curved border die to add interest. 
There was still ink on my mat so I picked it up with a paintbrush and added the splatters all over my card front.
 Penny Black just came out with a new 'Follow Your Heart' die that I just had to use on this card.
I die- cut it from blue cardstock twice for stability and mounted it over the curve. 


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- LAYER IT UP
Addicted to Stamps and More- ANYTHING GOES
Time Out- INSPIRED BY WORDS
A Gem of a Challenge- COOL IN BLUE
Allsorts- OLD FAVORITES
(this stamp)

 
Supplies
Stamp- Blooming With Kindness (SU)
Inks- Distress inks
Paper- heavy white (local store)
Accessories and Tools- non-stick craft mat (Ranger); Follow Your Heart die (Penny Black); 
curved stitch edge (SSS); paint brush; Mister (TH)

16 comments:

Pat said...

What a gorgeous colour combination Karen and I adore those flowers, Chrysanthemums I think, and the wavy stitched curved border to split the piece into two works beautifully then your splatters and that wonderful large die cut sentimennt are wonderful finishing touches. x

Glennis F said...

That is gorgeous, I like the die cut through it, so effective! More things to try!

Bonnie said...

Love these colors and the super layout, my friend! The split makes me think of the road to use in following our hearts!

Brawny x said...

Absolutely fabulous x

Mac Mable said...

Artsy, creative and one wow card....Unique and absolutely stunning x

Christine Alexander said...

Gorgeous Karen, this is so artsy. Love it :)

Laura said...

Wow, love your creation! How cool to use the inks added to your craft pad, along with water, to make your own "watercolor" inkpad!! Love how it turned out! Cool "curved border" die! And love the "follow your heart" sentiment! Thanks for sharing! hugs, Laura Holm

papierelle said...

I've never dared to combine blue and violet, but it's a great color combination and I've used them too.

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely beautiful Karen, I love the colours and the gorgous floral image, your repeated design is fabulous, Kate x x

Gayatri said...

Gorgeous card. Great layering and that background is wow! Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Layer It Up Challenge. Gayatri xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I can see you playing in my mind and enjoying it all. What a wonderful result again, love it.
Faith
x

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is killer gorgeous, and your technique is very clever. I love everything about this - especially that wonderful sentiment to go along with all that luscious color. Thanks so much for linking up and playing with us at Time Out Challenges.

Shylaashree said...

gorgeous background. A great card.Thanks for playing along with us at Addicted to Stamps & More. Hope to see you again
Shylaa DT@ATSM
Adhiraacreations

Mervi said...

Fabulous and beautiful card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Lynn said...

Love the colors in that gorgeous background. Stunning!

Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!