Saturday 13 January 2018

Looking to be Inspired


Hello and Welcome.
It seems that I lost my so called 'Mojo' this week. It must have gotten buried under the mess on my desk.
I sat at my workspace, staring at the paper just not knowing what the heck I wanted to do and feeling totally uninspired.  Layout thoughts, design, colours....I just didn't know.  Have you ever had moments like that?
Anyways this is what I did.....
I created backgrounds.  I know how to create bkgs without thinking about what stamps to use or how to stamp them onto my card fronts.  If I have them made in advance, they are all nice and dry and ready to go when I feel inspired to stamp onto them.
For this card, I used Loll's Splash Watercolour technique again.  It is so easy and quickly gives you a lovely inky palette to stamp onto.

So, since blue always inspires me and makes me happy, I grabbed this blue inked piece, pulled out some of my favourite flower stamps, my Misti and got right down to stamping.
I stamped away, layering and not being too worried about where I put the flowers.  I stamped a faint script in the background for interest to add depth and when I was done my frenzy of flower stamping, I have to say that I like it.
Funny how that happens sometimes.

I guess the best advice I can give is to pull out something you love to work with and just play around.  I didn't know what I would end up with.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.
I hope you can hang onto your 'mojo'.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Monday- WINTER BLUES
Craft Stamper Magazine- ANYTHING GOES


Supplies
Stamps-Nature Flowers (Art Journey); Dans La Nature (Carabelle); Script (Penny Black);
Wildflowers (Purple Onion); Long Twig Flowers (Magenta); 
Enjoy the Moment (Daisy Bucket-no longer in business)
Inks- Tuxedo Black Memento; Salty Ocean, Peacock Feather DOX
Paper- heavy white
Accessories and Tools- Misti; Mister (TH); my mojo

22 comments:

Marina said...

Stunning card - your stamping has real depth.

Pat said...

This blue is beautiful, and I know you definitely have an affinity with it Karen, and the mass of silhouette flowers looks gorgeous and love the sentiment. x

cuilliesocks said...

I love this Karen, I always love your blue creations and this one is no exception, super design, Kate x

Mrs A. said...

This is lovely. I'm busy sorting out my craft cupboards and so far Mojo isn't in any of them!!. Maybe I should offer some jammy donuts as a bribe. Hugs Mrs A.

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen such a pretty card,well done xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Karen,
what a very wonderful card and you have created it so beautifully.
Love the gorgeous inked bacground and your stamped flowers.
Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

Ellibelle said...

Your card surely turned out beautifully! Thanks for the great tip for when we feel uninspired, I've been feeling the same (probably because I've been sick and my desk is a huge mess too) but I might just do some image coloring just for fun to use later.

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful background for your stamping, Mojo just pops out for a short while and then comes back all refreshed. Awesome card :)

Wendy L said...

Well it ended up pretty well, gorgeous card, thanks for joining us at MAWTT. Xxx

Kath Stewart said...

beautifully stamped card Karen, thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, hugs kath xxx

Em said...

I love the background and the perspective in this card. It almost seems like something is approaching... I shall try Loll's technique.

Loll said...

We have all lost our mojo at times, but it looks like yours hadn't strayed too far. This is really beautiful. Great tip about doing something with what you love to get you jump started again. xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS, wish my cards turned out like this when I lose my mojo :)
Faith
x

Sarah G said...

This is stunning, Karen! I love the rich blues in your background - they always make me happy too :) Thank you for joining us at Craft Stamper's Take It, Make It Challenge!

Cara said...

This is gorgeous, love all the stamped details x

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Fabulous card Karen, love, love, love the blue!

Thank you for playing along with us at MAWTT

June/DT

Anke said...

Wonderful card, Karen. I love your blue background and the beautiful flowers.

Hugs
Anke

Preeti D. (aka Dutt Preety) said...

Gorgeous card :) love those blue hues.
Thanks for playing along at Craft Stamper's TIMI challenge.

Linda said...

Stunning as always Karen. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

Crafty Humphreys said...

Love your project, beautiful colours. Thanks for joining in with the Craft Stamper January Challenge! Suz x

ElizabethR said...

Love the colour scheme, thanks for playing along with us at the Craft Stamper Challenge, Elizabeth x

Cathy said...

Beautiful card Karen, that's a great tip to for when you'e stuck for ideas, I've ben sitting vacantly in my craft room for a while, so will try playing with some background techniques. Congrats too on your shout out at Craft Stamper, Cathy x