Sunday 14 January 2018

Simple Inking

Good Morning
Meet today's card. 
 Just some simple inking and stamping on this one. 

I just picked up this stamp the other day at Michaels and wanted to play with it.  
I began by doing some simple inking down my card front using the Acetate Inking technique I showed here on my blog.  It is simple and fun.  I rubbed 2 colours of Distress Oxides onto my acetate sheet, sprayed with water and pressed onto my paper.
Next, I placed the wildflowers into my Misti, inked with Memento black and pressed over the inked area.  
I stamped the sentiment the same way using my Misti and done.
A very Clean and Simple card.

 Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Thanks for taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Shopping Our Stash- OUT WITH THE OLD, IN WITH THE NEW
(old DOX's, new sentiment and stamps)
My Time to Craft- SOMETHING NEW
Less is More- PURPLES CAS
AAA Cards- CAS QUOTE


Supplies
Stamps- Treasure the Moment (Impression Obsession); Meadow (Inkadinkadoo)
Inks- Tuxedo Black Memento; Iced Spruce, Seedless Preserves Oxides (TH)
Paper- heavy white
Accessories and Tools- Misti; acetate sheet

25 comments:

Loll said...

Great technique and colours used for your background, Karen. Love the CAS design with silhouette flowers. xx

nancy littrell said...

I love your acetate watercolor background with your silhouette stamped wildflowers, Karen. Your beautiful sentiment is perfect with your artsy background. TFS my friend. Hugs

Pat said...

Gorgeous Karen and love the silhouette flowers and love the way how with the acetate you get the ink exactly where you want it, and a super sentiment too. x

Mac Mable said...

Such a unique and creative technique. Love the colours you've used on your fabulous card x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! a beautiful card as always, with a wonderful sentiment. Such a lovely design.
Faith
x

Verna Angerhofer said...

So gorgeous with those colors and the simple design.

Dortesjs said...

whooo great card

Cathy said...

Gorgeous CAS card Karen, love the look of this acetate technique, I must give it a go! Cathy x

Brawny x said...

Fab card Karen x

Bobby said...

You just picked up that stamp? What - are they falling out of the skies? You always find the most wonderful silhouettes to stamp over your fun background techniques, Karen, and then add such fabulous sentiments.

Bonnie said...

Oh, I love that purple and the wonderful sentiment! You always do such uplifting cards, my friend!

Christine Alexander said...

love the simplicity of the colours and the stamping. Beautiful card with a wonderful sentiment.

Trina P. said...

Beautiful artsy card, Karen. Love the acetate inked background. The wildflowers and sentiment stamped in black is a great contrast. Thank you for joining us at Less is More.

papierelle said...

Simple gorgeous!!

Kathyk said...

Smashing make, love your smooshed background

Kathyk

cuilliesocks said...

I love the simplicity of your design Karen, the black and pink together is fabulous, Kate x

Chris Dring said...

What a gorgeous CAS card! Love the design and such a great sentiment! Thanks for joining us for our old/new challenge at Shopping Our Stash!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Another beauty here! I have that stamp set and I really love it. I feel it is a classic design. Enjoy your day!

Anke said...

Absolutely stunning, beautiful CAS card. Great technique, I love your background, the wildflowers and the sentiment.

Hugs
Anke

Jane said...

Fabulous! Love the purple panel and your inspirational quote. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Melissa L. said...

This is beautiful, Karen. Gorgeous design. I love your beautiful bg and the lovely silhouette stamping. Thanks so much for playing along at AAA Cards.

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Such a gorgeous card Karen. The ink smooshing with acetate looks really lovely behind your fab new stamp - that is a wonderful buy and I bet you use it a lot. Beautiful work. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Less is More xx

Cheryl said...

Beautiful CAS card! Love the colors and silhouette. Thanks for sharing at AAA Cards.

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Karen, love your CAS and not very CAS creations. Amazing work with inks, beautiful flowers and such a great quote. Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at AAA Cards Challenge. - Sweet Kobylkin

Helen said...

Beautiful card - very elegant.

Thanks for joining us at My Time to Craft.

Helen x