Friday 17 April 2020

What.....No Stamping?

Good Morning!
I hope you are all well and are finding things to keep busy with during these times of isolation.
Yesterday, I played along with a fun challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers called No Stamping.
Time to think outside of the box as I love to stamp!  

So here's what I did to create my card.
I began by making the background piece.  I found a piece of white tissue paper in my stash, wrinkled it all up to create creases and then flattened it back out with my hands.
I rubbed some Cracked Pistachio, Mermaid Lagoon and some Peacock Feathers Distress inks onto a piece of acetate, sprayed with water and then pressed that onto the tissue paper.  The tissue paper will soak in all the ink quickly so try not to make it too wet.  I set it aside to dry on a flat surface.
As it dried, I die cut a window from my white cardstock and then went on to die-cutting the flowers.

When the tissue was dry, I glued it behind the cut out window and then added the flowers, arranging them in a random fashion.
I love the way the white flowers look against that colourful bkg.
I glued it onto a piece of matching blue cardstock, then onto a heavy white card base.



Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies
Stamps- NONE!
Inks- Distress (TH)
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook); Tissue paper (Dollar Store)
Accessories and Tools- acetate sheet; Meadow Clover die (Poppystamps);
Tall Sketch Daisies (Poppystamps); Stitched Frames (Memory Box); Cuttlebug



17 comments:

Mac Mable said...

All so colourful and the white die cut flowers look so pretty against the wonderful and creative background Karen x.......And no stamping x.

Susan said...

Really lovely blend of colours in the background. Great job using tissue paper (I often get it too wet and it falls apart). Love that flower die - might have to go off and look for it!

Nancy Soetaert said...

lovely card!

cuilliesocks said...

This is gorgeous Karen, I love the background and such fab colours, and the diecut flowers are brilliant and stand out so well with the coloured background. Have a good weekend and stay safe, Kate x

nancy littrell said...

OMG..Karen, your smooshed tissue paper using your acetate sheet covered with inks turned out beautifully. The perfect background for your pretty die cut flowers. Loved your framing too. TFS and inspiring me as always:-) Wishing you a beautiful day staying safe and creative. Love and Hugs..Nancy

Verna Angerhofer said...

No stamping required as this wonderful card sends a lot of cheer with just the dies and colorful background. Take care and stay well.

Pat said...

What a fantastic tissue paper background Karen and the colours are gorgeous and the white die cut flowers really pop against it. x

I Card Everyone said...

I'm not missing the stamping one bit, Karen! LOve the white silhouettes of flowers over this lovely background!
=]

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card Karen, love the look of the tissue paper and acetate technique, Cathy x

Christine Alexander said...

stunning Karen, love the mix of blues against the flowers

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning and love your technique and design here...gorgeous colours...xxx

kiwimeskreations said...

No stamping maybe, but still an absolutely stunning card Karen. Love it.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Lori m said...

Fabulous card, just so pretty, hugs, Lori m

Bonnie said...

Another gorgeous background, Karen! The crisp white flowers and frame are such a wonderful contrast with the background!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I love how you seem to do the simplest of things and create a masterpiece. I Love this Karen.
Keep safe and well
Faith x

Loll said...

LOVE your tissue paper background Karen. The colours are gorgeous and so perfect with the white wild flowers. xx

Cath Wilson said...

Those daisies are wonderful. I really like them and your arrangement of them. Wonderful. I'm hoping to get more time to just play now I've left the DT I was on... haven't used tissue paper for years and years and years!
Cath x