Thursday 9 April 2020

From Me to You


Good Morning.
I hope the sun is shining in your part of the world.
Here is a card I made while playing along with the sketch challenge at Splitcoast Stampers.
A basic sketch with 3 circles as the focal points.  
This is what I came up with.

I began with a piece of heavy white cardstock.  
I think this technique is called Bleeding Tissue Paper but I'm not totally sure about that.
Basically the tissue colour transfers to your paper.  So, I die-cut some circles from tissue paper that I had laying around. I must tell you though, that not all tissue paper will transfer colour.  I had a bunch of colours but only the red and the blue would work.  I went with that so I didn't have to go out.
I laid the circles onto my card panel and using a paint brush, I painted over them with some water.
I set them aside to dry, then removed them.  I was left with 3 lovely coloured circles.
To help pull the design together, I added a few smaller circles, again cut from the blue tissue paper.
I filled in some of the open areas using the Simple Grid stencil and some Blueprint Sketch ink.  I placed the panel into my Misti, stamped the flowers and embossed them with some clear eb powder.  I pop dotted the sentiment that was white heat embossed on the black cardstock and splattered with black paint.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.
Hope you are keeping safe and hopefully busy creating.


Adding my card to these challenges:
Little Red Wagon- MIX EM UP
Simon Says Wed.- SPRING MOODBOARD
Addicted to Stamps and More- CLEAN AND SIMPLE


Supplies
Stamps- Insightful Meadow (Unity); From Me to You (Your Next Stamp)
Inks- Versafine; Versamark, DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook)
Accessories and Tools- Simple Grid stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); Misti (My Sweet Petunia); 
white eb powder; heat tool; pop dots; tissue paper; black acrylic paint

14 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Simply beautiful Karen, Kate x

Pat said...

What a great idea to transfer the colour from tissue paper which has worked woderfully here Karen, and the silhouette flowers and the white on black sentiment strip finish it perfectly. I love the background grid too. x

Verna Angerhofer said...

So gorgeous and I love the mix of colors too.

Susan said...

Beautiful! Great technique - I've got lots of tissue paper so will have to give it a go. Love the way you filled in with the grid stencil - nice contrast between the big circles and the tiny squares.

Bonnie said...

Such a clever and creative background, Karen! I love how you've filled in with the grid stencil and smaller circles! The background is perfect for these silhouetted flowers!

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful artsy circles and stenciling, Karen. TFS the details for your colored tissue technique. You amaze me with all your creative watercolor techniques. TFS and yes, we are having beautiful sunshine on the Southern Oregon Coast:-) Love and Hugs...Nancy

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I HAVE to try this, what a wonderful result Karen, a Gorgeous card and love the colours.
Keep safe and well
Faith x

Viv said...

The silhouette flowers look fab against your bright background Karen. Lovely card.

Christine Alexander said...

So pretty Karen, I love the silhouette on your inky background

aussie aNNie said...

Happy Easter and a gorgeous card you made.xx

Loll said...

LOVE the bright colours of your card Karen. Great work with the bleeding tissue. I have tried this in the past, but never got a very good bleed. Your's turned out perfectly! xx

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful one layer card full of texture - this is beautiful Karen
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Mac Mable said...

A fun technique with a striking effect. A great colour combination and one fabulous card Karen x.

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Love this Karen!