Tuesday 28 April 2020

Moment by Moment

Good Morning
Meet today's card. 
I haven't done a collage style card in awhile so today was the day.

Here's what I did to create my card.
I began with a piece of heavy white cardstock and placed the Deckled Rectangle mask over it.  This mask gives a nice torn edge without me having to tear paper and stick it down. 
Using my Tombow markers, I coloured directly onto the Beaux Iris flower stamp, sprayed with water and stamped. I wanted the flower to be the focal point in the center of my card.  Next, using a variety of stamps, I proceed to fill in the background using the same technique using different coloured markers.  When I was happy with the layout, I sponged in the border using some Barn Door DOX ink.
I simply mounted that onto a piece of coordinating coloured cardstock, then onto a heavy white card base.

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
*Just use the code KarenFan10 to get a discount on stencils and masks.*

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- FLOWER POWER
Just Us Girls- PHOTO WEEK

Supplies
Stamps- Beaux Iris (Stampington and Comp); Weathered Clock (Hampton Arts); 
Zig Zag stitches (TH); Script (PB), Moment (Art Journey)
Inks- Versafine Clair; Tombow markers; DOX 
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook)
Accessories and Tools- Deckled Edge Mask (A Colorful Life Designs); Misti 
(My Sweet Petunia); inking tool


13 comments:

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous collage style card, Karen. Love how you masked your deckle edge and your choice of stamps and colors. TFS Hugs...Nancy

cuilliesocks said...

What a fabulous card, wonderful stamping and colouring love all those bright colours ,Kate x x

Nora Noll said...

What a COOL technique! I LOVE the fun color combo and the stitched stamping!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so gorgeous and rich in great colors.

Bonnie said...

Fun colors and variety of stamps, Karen! Everything fits together perfectly!

Pat said...

A beautiful collage style card and love the colours Karen, and a great selection of stamps, and love the pop of yellow too. x

Christine Alexander said...

Gorgeous Karen, I love your deckled edge mask and all that stamp layering. Great colours.

Susan said...

Fabulous mixture of stamps and colours! Love the collage style!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I LOVE the vibrant colours and the mixture of stamps Karen.
Keep safe and well
Faith x

Maria said...

This is so cool love that collage! Great colors. Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week.

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh how gorgeous this is Karen - loving the textural elements of the stamps you have used. Stunning
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Ina G said...

You always come up with amazing layouts Karen and this collage is stunning. That flower really is the centre of attention. Love all the different stampings. Thanks for sharing with us at JUGS this week. I do love checking out your creativity.

Mac Mable said...

So artsy and what a pretty colour combination on your wonderful card Karen x.