Wednesday 8 April 2020

Seaside

Hello and Welcome
I thought this card was a good one for today.  I look forward to the days when we can enjoy the peace of the beach; listening to the waves and seagulls to calm us.

So here's what I did to create my card.
I began with a piece of heavy white cardstock and place the Nautilus Waves stencil onto my panel.
I took a baby wipe and wrapped it around my finger....wearing gloves is recommended.
I added a few drops of Peacock Feathers Distress re-inker onto the wipe and pressed it onto my stencil.  I repeated that using some Salty Ocean re-inker to give some darker shades in the background and help blend them together.
When I was done, I stamped the starfish down the side.  The text and starfish are all one stamp that I bought years and years ago.
I stamped the sentiment from Impression Obsession then die cut the seagulls and glued them on.
I kept it simple by gluing it onto a heavy white card base.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.


Supplies
Stamps- Treasure the Moments (Impression Obsession); Starfish (Stampington)
Inks- Distress Re-inkers; Versafine
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook)
Accessories and Tool- Misti (My Sweet Petunia); Birds in Flight Die (Poppystamps); 
baby wipes, rubber gloves

13 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Lovely card, Karen, with that tropical ocean color and pretty stencil. The flower card below this one is outstanding! I love the background and pretty details. hugs, de

Susan said...

Beautiful blend of blues - like a perfect tropical sea. Great combination of sentiment, starfish/text stamp, die cut seagulls.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful design and love the blue. Also that is a wonderful sentiment.

Carolyn L said...

Karen, your work is always inspiring but this beauty hit it on the head for me. The peace of the ocean, screeching of the gulls and warm waves to search for hidden shell treasures washed over my senses bringing calming thoughts. Thank you for sharing your art every day and know it is much appreciated.

Pat said...

A beautiful seaside creation with the seagulls, starfish and words as well as your great sentiment, and love that wonderful Nautilus stencil. A fantastic card Karen. x

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Karen, love your stencilled background and the edge of starfish :)

nancy littrell said...

The beach and sound of the waves sound so soothing. TFS your beautiful beach themed card, Karen. We just have to be patient. Love and Hugs...Nancy

kiwimeskreations said...

This is stunning Karen - I love that starfish and print stamp - that is so striking and perfect on this watery background, and the seagulls finish the piece beautifully
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

aussie aNNie said...

Great stencil Karen, very serene and comforting colours and style.xx

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful images on your card Karen and a fabulous background, I love the sentiment, Kate x

Bonnie said...

Woot! A cool way to use a baby wipe, Karen! What a beautiful background for your starfish and sea gulls. Our trip to the beach this Spring will have to be postponed. But it will be there next year and hopefully we will too!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

AH! Yes seaside, love your card and the wonderful sentiment, it makes me want to venture to the seaside, just a very short distance away, we are in fact near to the estuary river. Can't though boo hoo. But your card let me escape for a moment.
Keep safe and well
Faith x

Mac Mable said...

What a wonderful stencil and the blue looks amazing. A real poignant sentiment and a fabulous card x.