Saturday 18 April 2020

Lead the Way


Hello and Welcome
Today I'm trying my hand at some Mixed Media with this card.  Just playing around is fun.

So here's how my card came to be.
I began with a piece of heavy white cardstock.  I embossed it with my Cuttlebug using a folder from Carabelle Studio.  I think it's called Graffiti but I can't find it at the moment.
* helpful tip:  Lightly spray your paper before placing it inside your embossing folder to get a better impression*
Next, I sprinkled some Brushos onto my embossed card panel, sprayed with just a bit of water and let the colours bloom.  I used some black, lemon and some orange Brushos.  The black is the most amazing as when it is activated with water, you see shades of gray, blue and green.  I dried that with my heat tool. 
When it was all dry, I use the Compass stencil from AAll and Create with some Ranger Archival ink to stencil over to the side of the panel.  Some of the areas looked a bit dark, so I added touches of white acrylic paint using my brayer to lighten them up a bit.  I splattered with some black acrylic paint, then I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of black cardstock, white heat embossed it and pop dotted it over my background.
I glued it over a piece of black cardstock, then onto a white card base.



Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies
Stamps- Everyday Sentiments (YNS)
Inks- Ranger Archival, Brushos, Versamark
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook)
Accessories and Tools- EB folder (Carabelle Studios); Compass stencil (AAll Creates);
brayer; pop dots; white eb powder; black and white acrylic paint

15 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

wow Karen, your mixed media is fantastic. I love those colour, they pack such a punch :)

Pat said...

This looks fantastic Karen, a beautiful mix of Brushos and the EF and stencil used to great effect. x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Beautiful card.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Love the card and colorful background.

Susan said...

Wonderful (and unusual for you) blend of colours! A fabulous mixed media card!

cuilliesocks said...

What a wonderful card Karen, fabulous colouring and design, love the compass image, the bright colours are gorgeous, Kate x x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This turned out fabulous!

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful bloom of color you got with the Brushos, Karen! Love the texture from the embossing and that fantastic stenciling!

Glennis F said...

I love the result Karen, I don't use my Brusho's enough!!

nancy littrell said...

OMG...Love your mixed media beauty, Karen. TFS all your steps. The perfect sentiment and color combos! TFS Hugs..Nancy

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning card Karen - I must play with my Brushos more, and be more adventuresome. This background is stunning'
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

You do the best cards, I LOVE the background, fabulous colour mix and design.
Keep safe and well
Faith x

Vicki Dutcher said...

Quite fabulous!

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning and most gorgeous colours here, great tip too thanks.x

Loll said...

WOW! Your mixed media card is awesome, Karen! Sounds like you had a lot of fun playing and the result is incredible. What a creative card. I admire your moving from CAS to mixed media. xx