Tuesday 21 April 2020

Blowing Bubbles


Hello and Welcome!
And now for some more fun......blowing more bubbles!
A few weeks ago, I hosted the Technique Lovers Challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers.  We did some bubble blowing you can see here:

I began by placing my Oval Acrylic Mask from A Colorful Life Designs onto my paper.  I used some Post-It Tape to hold it in place.  I filled a shallow dish with some water, soap and some Carved Pumpkin Distress re-inker and started blowing bubbles.  As soon as they come over the top, I pressed my paper over them to make the bubbles break and colour my paper. I found that the re-inkers are more concentrated so gave much deeper colour to the bubbles.  I repeated that process until I was happy with the coverage.
I left the mask in place and stamped the flowers and the sentiment from STAMPloration when it was all dry.  I mounted it onto some orange cardstock then onto a heavy white card base.  


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
*Just use the code KarenFan10 to get a discount on stencils and masks.*


Supplies
Stamps- Beautiful You (STAMPlorations)
Inks- Versafine Clair; Distress re-inker
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook)
Accessories and Tools- Dawn Dish soap; straw; Marvelous Oval Masks (ACLD)

13 comments:

Nora Noll said...

This is so cool!! I LOVE how the paper took the color. I need to try this but I don't have any bubbles right now. On my list of techniques for the future!!

I Card Everyone said...

Karen this is so delightful... I can imagine the fun you had blowing these fun orange bubbles! What awesome results!
=]

Bonnie said...

Love the way the bubbles color the background, Karen! Great fun!

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is beautiful and a great way to make a fun background.

Pat said...

I don't have any reinkers otherwise I would give this a try as the results are so pretty Karen and love the finished card with the silhouette flowers and the coordinating orange mat, and another great sentiment. x

Christine Alexander said...

awesome card Karen, the bubble splats are so soft and delicate. They make an amazing background.

Lucille K said...

Fabulous card, love the bubble technique you used, must try this. :)

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful blowing bubbles background, Karen. I love the Carved Pumpkin Distress Ink with the black stamped flowers and sentiment. Simply beautiful my friend. TFS and Stay safe and creative:-) Hugs...Nancy

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Blowing bubbles now? I can't keep up with all the techniques you use LOL. Another wonderful and beautiful card, love that colour too.
Keep safe and well.
Faith x

cuilliesocks said...

Oh how beautiful Karen, beautifully designed and coloured, Kate x x

kiwimeskreations said...

A beautiful card Karen - love the intensity of the colour you get with the re-inkers. I don't have re-inkers, so reversed the technique - see the result here: https://kiwimeskreations.blogspot.com/2020/04/purple-rats-reign.html.
Thank you for the inspiration on SCS, which led me to this.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Mac Mable said...

What a fun technique and such a pretty effect for the stamped silhouette x.

Loll said...

LOVE how your bubbly background turned out Karen. I have only tried this once and it didn't really work well. I must try it again with re-inker. Makes sence that you'd need some strong colour as it would be diluted by the bubbles. Gorgeous silhouette stamping and a gorgeous card, my friend! xx