Monday 6 April 2020

Full Bloom


Good Morning
I've been playing along with some of the challenges over at Splitcoast Stampers.
One of the challenges was to use the 'Spotlighting Technique'.  Basically what that technique entails is to stamp an image twice, then using just a part of one of the images, add colour to that and pop it back over the original.  
I thought I would change up that technique by doing it using a stencil instead of stamping it all.
So onto my card details.
I began with this lovely 2-part Dahlia stencil from Altenew.  I placed Stencil A onto my piece of heavy white cardstock and with a very gentle hand, I rubbed over it with some Hickory Smoke DOX ink.  When I was happy with the inking, I removed that stencil and positioned the Stencil B over the inked area.  Using a bit heavy hand, I rubbed on some more Hickory Smoke to give a darker shaded effect.  
Next, using another piece of cardstock, I placed the Stencil A down and sponged on some DOX inks, lifted that and using Stencil B, applied the darker details.
I cut down the panel, matched it to the grey toned background and pop dot mounted it back in place matching it all up.
I stamped the sentiment and mounted it onto some orange cardstock, then onto a heavy white card base.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Stay safe and secure.

Supplies
Stamp- Live Life (High Hopes)
Inks- Versafine; Distress Oxide inks (Hickory Smoke, Carved Pumpkin, Barn Door, Black Soot)
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook)
Accessories and Tools- Dahlia stencils (Altenew); inking tool; pop dots


11 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Just so beautiful Karen, I love the colour pallet, Kate x

Pat said...

The spotlight technique looks great here Karen, and I love the soft grey background with the spotlighted area added in the shades of orange and shadows in black. A stunning look. x

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful spotlighting card design, Karen..using your own unique twist. Gorgeous stenciling, mf. TFS stay safe and creative!! Love and Hugs...Nancy

I Card Everyone said...

This is so wonderful, Karen... love the name - I've got high apple pie in sky hopes this will be over soon!
=]

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card and great stencil choice used for it.

Bonnie said...

A lovely use of this technique, Karen! Love this big dahlia!

Christine Alexander said...

beautiful Karen, so clever crating the spotlight with a stencil. Great colour combo :)

Susan said...

What a great variation on the spotlight technique! Love those colours you put together for it!

kiwimeskreations said...

Loving the colours you have used, and your variation of the technique Karen - a stunning result
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Teri S. said...

Love the look of this Karen! You are so very creative. I think I save just about every one of your email I get as I like them so much! I've not used HIckory Smoke, but I really like the look of the shades it gives.

Mac Mable said...

This is so clever and so unique. The technique and your creativity with it, are amazing x.