Monday 6 May 2024

Enjoy Your Moments


Good Morning
Spring is in the air so I decided to use this new stencil from A Colorful Life Designs to create a fun background and add some spring-like flowers.
The new stencil is called:

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I placed the Classic Circus stencil over a piece of white cardstock and beginning at the top and moving my way down, I inked with some Fossilized Amber, Ripe Persimmon and some Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide inks.
  • To create a bit of a different look to the background, I tore the stenciled cardstock into 3 pieces and glued them onto another piece of white cardstock.
  • I searched through my scrap box for a piece of inked cardstock that had the colours of my background in it.  (I keep a box of all the background I don't use or don't quite work out for just this purpose)  I found this toss off and die cut the flowers from it and splattered them with my black Posca pen to help them stand out a bit more against the background.
  • I glued the flowers over to the side of my stenciled panel and then stamped the sentiment with some black ink beside it.
  • I glued the stenciled panel onto a piece of pink cardstock, then onto an A2 sized card base and added 3 black gems under the sentiment.


Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- FEMININE
Craft Rocket- FLOWERS

Supplies
Stamps- Enjoy the Moment (Daisy Bucket- no longer in business)
Inks- Versafine Clair; DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); black Posca pen;
Misti (My Sweet Petunia); TE Blending Brushes;
Dandelion Posies die (Creative Expressions)

2 comments:

Pat said...

Beautiful die cut flowers over this pretty stencil which looks so different in shades of pink and orange Karen, and love the black stamped sentiment and spattering, and coordinating black enamel dots too. x

kiwimeskreations said...

A great idea to tear your background into smaller panels Karen - still makes for a vibrant card, with some added interest
Blessings
Maxine