Wednesday 15 May 2024

Paper Piercing with Stencils

Good Morning
A Colorful Life Designs has just released some great new stencils for May and when I saw this one, I knew right away what I wanted to do to create with it.

Meet the new stencil called:

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I cut a piece of black cardstock and placed the Airy Swirls over my paper.
  • Next, instead of inking up the stencil, I got out my paper piercing tool and I poked holes through the stencil onto my cardstock.  Just another way to get more mileage using your stencils.
  • I removed the stencil and glued the black cardstock onto a white A2 card base.
  • I die cut the sentiment in black and the word shadow in white and glued them together.
  • I added the sentiment to the card front with some foam tape and then added 3 silver gems.

Here is the stencil I used:
*THIS STENCIL IS ON SALE FOR ONE WEEK ONLY FROM $6.99 down to $4.00*
(you can also use my code for even more of a discount)

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- USE DIE CUTS
(option: Girly)
Daisy Chain- BOYS/MEN


Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- none
Paper- black and heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); piercing tool; 
Just Saying dies (Concord and 9th); silver gems

2 comments:

Pat said...

This makes a great background for your large die cut sentiment Karen, and what a wonderful idea to actually pierce the design rather than use ink or paste through the stencil. x

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great use of the stencil, Karen, with a stunning result! Thank you for always coming up with, and sharing, new ways to use stencils
Blessings
Maxine