Saturday 18 May 2024

Gate Wide Open


Good Morning
Today's card is a fun one.
It features 2 new stencils from A Colorful Life Designs called

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I placed a piece of white cardstock onto my Make Art Station and then put the Gate Wide Open stencil over that.  
  • I inked the dog with some Rusty Hinge Distress Oxide ink and a bit of the Black Soot and splattered the dog with my white Posca pen.
  • This stencil comes with a mask for the dog, so I first removed the stencil and placed the mask over the dog before adding the next stencil I wanted for the background.
  • I placed the Classic Circus stencil over top of the dog and then inked with some Cracked Pistachio, Broken China and some Shaded Lilac DOX ink.
  • I removed that stencil and placed the Gate Wide Open stencil back in place to add the sentiment with some Black Soot DOX ink.
  • I added a white dot to the middle of the circles on the card front with my white Posca pen.
  • I glued the dried panel onto a piece of blue cardstock, then onto an A2 sized card base.

Here are the stencils I used:


Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Time Out- ALPHABET MAGNET DAY
CRAFT- ANYTHING GOES
My Time to Craft- SUPER CUTE

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencils (A Colorful Life Designs); Make Art Station (Ranger);
white Posca pen; TE Blending Brushes

5 comments:

Pat said...

I love the dog over the Classic Circus stencil and a great sentiment too Karen, and three pretty colours for the background. x

Alyson Mayo said...

Love that dog and the perfect sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us at MTTC :)

Julia Aston said...

Wonderful inking on your sprinting pup!

Bobby said...

This gave me a chuckle, Karen. What a great card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Time Out.

Nonni said...

Very fun and unique! I love the bright colors -they go very well with the sentiment of your stencil! Thank you for joining us at Time Out and I hope to see you playing long in our new Magical challenge!