Monday 13 May 2024

Two Card Designs, One Stencil

Good Morning.
I've got 2 cards to show you today.
They both use the same stencil and same colours, but the background design looks totally different.

So, meet the newly released stencil from A Colorful Life Designs called 

So, here's what I did to create my cards.
  • I placed the Chunky Chevrons stencil over a piece of white cardstock and inked it up with some Picked Raspberry and some Ripe Persimmon Distress Oxide ink.
  • I wiped the stencil off, flipped it upside down and inked again with the same colours in the same areas.  It made a fun, patterned background.
  • I placed the stenciled panel into my Misti and stamped the flowers and the sentiment.
  • I splattered over the flowers with my black Posca pen.
  • I glued the finished piece onto some white cardstock, then orange and then onto an A2 sized card base.


So now onto CARD #2

  • I cut another piece of white cardstock and placed the Chunky Chevrons stencil onto the paper and inked with some Picked Raspberry and some Ripe Persimmon Distress Oxide ink.
  • I lifted the stencil off but to get a different look then the card above, I flipped the stencil upside down and then tried to match up the chevrons instead of off setting them and inked with the same colours again.
  • I placed the panel into my Misti and stamped the flowers to one side and added the sentiment to the side.  
  • I used my black Posca pen to splatter just around the flowers.
  • I glued the dried piece onto some pink cardstock and then onto an A2 sized card base.

Here is the stencil I used for both cards:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Little Red Wagon- CREATE YOUR OWN BACKGROUND
Crafts Galore Encore- ANYTHING GOES
Sparkles- APRIL SHOWERS BRING MAY FLOWERS
Dragonfly Dreams- USE A STENCIL

Supplies
Stamps- CARD #1- Star Burst (Lavinia), Just Be Happy (Visible Image)
CARD #2- Noteworthy (STAMPlorations); Insightful Meadow (Unity)
Inks- Verafine Clair, DOX
Paper-heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); Misti (My Sweet Petunia); 
black Posca pen

3 comments:

Pat said...

This is so bright and pretty Karen, and love the way you have flipped the stencil to make a different pattern on each, and the added teasels on the first, and the Queen Anne's Lace on the second, and two super sentiments too, finish them perfectly. x

kiwimeskreations said...

A pair of stunning cards Karen - loving your innovative use of the stencil, with such differing results
Blessings
Maxine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the flowers silhouetted against the beautiful bright background, Karen. x