Tuesday 28 May 2024

Try It On Tuesdays

Welcome
Today, I have the pleasure of being the guest designer at the 


The theme is a fun one:
EMBOSS IT

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I cut a piece of white cardstock and beginning at the top of the paper, I blended these Distress Oxide colours together: Fossilized Amber/ Ripe Persimmon/ Picked Raspberry/ Cracked Pistachio/ Peacock Feathers.
  • Next, I embossed the panel with a 3D Burlap folder.  Using a sanding block, I gently sanded over the embossing to add a bit more interest and reveal a bit of the white cardstock.
  • I laid the Dot Circle  Dot Circle stencil (one of my favs) over the embossed panel and inked with the same colours as mentioned above.
  • I die cut out the little paint brushes and glued them together.
  • I stamped the sentiment in my Misti and then die cut it out.
  • I glued the embossed panel onto a piece of white, then pink cardstock and finally onto an A2 sized card base.
  • I glued the little paint brushes onto the card front and used some foam tape to add the sentiment.

Here is the stencil I used:

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Supplies
Stamps- With All My Art (TE)
Inks- DOX; Versafine Clair
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); 3D Burlap EB Folder (Honey Bee);
Paint the Town dies (TE); foam tape; sanding block

11 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful card Karen - great use of the theme, and also the stencil
Blessings
Maxine

My name is Erika. said...

Wow Karen. This card is great. I love all the colors, the background and those cool paintbrushes. Thank you for being our guest designer at TIOT. hugs-Erika

Viv said...

Great card Karen. Delighted to have you as our Guest Designer this challenge at TIOT!

Meggymay said...

A fantastic card Karen, great inspiration. Thank you for being our Guest Designer for this theme over at TioT's.
Yvonne

Joan said...

I love your card Karen, lovely bright colours and a great sentiment too
Lovely to have you as guest designer on Try It On Tuesday

Joan x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This would certainly wish a colourful day to anyone, what a fun and colourful card. x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Love the design!

I Card Everyone said...

Karen, this looks like a technique that would be fun any day of the week! LOve your results, and congrats on your GD gig!
=]

Evelyn S. said...

For some reason, I've "lost" contact with your blog. So happy to find this post in all its colorful glory! Beautiful idea to blend the ink and then stencil over it.

Pat said...

I love the paintbrushes and coordinating sentiment Karen, and the embossing sanded back a bit with those little glimpses of which through the bright colours works well..a very pretty card. x

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a stunning card! I love your embossed design with those bright rainbow colours, it is really uplifting and makes me happy 😀. Thanks for the smiles and inspiration and of course for joining us as Guest Designer over at Try it on Tuesday! Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x