Sunday 26 May 2024

Rockin' Out

 

Good Morning

Today's card is more on the masculine side featuring the newly released for May stencil from 
A Colorful Life Designs called:

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I placed a piece of white cardstock onto my Make Art Station and put the Right Angles stencil over that. I inked with some Black Soot Distress Oxide ink.
  • I lifted the stencil off and then repositioned it and then inked again creating this fun pattern.
  • I splattered with my black Posca pen and set aside to dry.
  • While that dried, I die cut the guitar and the Burlap Texture die with some red cardstock.
  • I stamped the sentiment with some black and then glued it onto a piece of red cardstock.
  • Next, I glued the stenciled panel onto a piece of red cardstock and then onto an A2 sized card base.
  • I glued the Burlap die cut onto the panel, then added the guitar over that.  
  • Lastly, I used some foam tape to add the sentiment across the bottom.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so very much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Dragonfly Dreams- USE A STENCIL
SAS4Kids- CARD FOR DAD/SPECIAL GUYS
Just Us Girls- ANYTHING GOES STENCIL WEEK

Supplies
Stamps- Rock On (High Hopes)
Inks- DOX, Versafine Clair
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); Large Guitar die (Paper Rose);
Burlap Texture (Altenew); foam tape; black Posca pen

5 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun card! Terrific layers and texture, Karen. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Just Us Girls!

Pat said...

This geometric type stencilled background the red Burlap Texture die cut over the top make a great background for the die cut guitar Karen, and love the mix of red and grey with the white, and just that bit of gold added on the guitar is very effective. x

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous background you created with the stencil - the black anf red over it really stands out
Blessings
Maxine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

You have certainly rocked with this fabulous masculine card Karen. x

Melanie Hungerford said...

What a stunning card, love the stencil and how you made such a great pattern with it! Thanks for sharing with us at Send a Smile 4 Kids.