Saturday 19 October 2024

Flake Explosion


Good Morning
Meet today's card featuring the newly released stencil from  A Colorful Life Designs called
I have to say, it certainly does look like an explosion!

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I began by using the Postal Collage die to cut out a piece of white cardstock, then placed it onto my Make Art Station.
  • I put the Flake Explosion stencil over that and beginning at the top left hand corner and moving my way down the stencil, I inked with the following Distress Oxide inks; Villainous Potion, Shaded Lilac and Dusty Concord in the bottom right corner.
  • I splattered with my white Posca pen and set aside to dry.
  • I stamped the sentiment with some Uncharted Mariner DOX ink and die cut it out.
  • I glued the stenciled card front onto a piece of light blue cardstock, then onto an A2 sized white card base.
  • I used some foam tape to pop the sentiment into the corner.
  • I added this snowflake ephemera with some foam tape in the top corner.
  • Finally, I added some silver gems to the snowflake centers.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Cut it Up- ADD EMBELLISHMENTS
ABC Christmas- U for UNUSUAL CHRISTMAS COLORS
Crazy is Our Fame- STENCILS are Our Game- ANYTHING STENCILED (option: HALLOWEEN)

Supplies
Stamps- Holiday Sentiments (Photoplay)
Inks- DOX
Paper- Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); TE Blending Brushes; 
white Posca pen; Postal Collage die (Waffle Flower); silver gems; snowflake ephemera

2 comments:

Pat said...

That Flake Explosion is very pretty and love the blue and purple inks you used, and the silver gems are so pretty in the centres of each, and also love the added snowflake and a lovely stamped and die cut sentiment. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

An explosive beauty Karen. x