Saturday 12 October 2024

Layered Holly Berry Wreath

Good Morning
Meet the new 
from A Colorful Life Designs.

So, here's what I did to create my card
  • I placed the wreath part of the Layered Holly Berry Wreath stencil over a piece of white cardstock and inked it up with some Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide ink.
  • I wanted to add more variation to the colour so I also added some Rustic Wilderness, Lucky Clover and a hint of Uncharted Mariner DOX ink in random places as well.
  • I splattered the wreath with my white Posca pen to add a snowy effect.
  • I lifted the stencil off, cleaned it and then repositioned the top part of the stencil (the berries) over the wreath and inked with some Lumberjack Plaid DOX ink. 
  • To give the berries more texture and shine, I covered them with some Glossy Accents then set aside to dry.
  • While that dried, I embossed a piece of dark red cardstock with the burlap EB folder and I cut the sentiment from the same red cardstock and glued it onto the die cut white shadow.
  • I glued the red embossed panel onto a piece of white cardstock, then a piece of dark green, then onto an A2 sized card base.
  • After I fussy cut out the wreath, I added it over the embossed panel with some foam tape to pop it up.
  • I used some more foam tape to pop the sentiment under the wreath.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- ADD SOME TEXTURE
Krafty Chicks- CHRISTMAS

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- Distress Oxides
Paper- Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.
Accessories and Tools- stencil- A Colorful Life Designs; TE Blending Brushes;
Glossy Accents (Ranger); Happy Holidays die (Waffle Flower);
Burlap EB folder (Honey Bee); white Posca pen

1 comment:

Pat said...

I love the wreath and the bright red embossed background really pops Karen, and the foam tape gives the wreath and the sentiment lots of great dimension. x