Wednesday 2 October 2024

Snowy Christmas Greetings

Welcome
How can it be October already??
Well, a new month means a whole new lineup of great stencils from A Colorful Life Designs.
There are so many great ones this month too, including lots of the 'Grinch' so stay tuned for that!!
So meet the stencil I used today called:

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I began by creating the background first.  I got out my Gel Plate and pressed my Salty Ocean Distress Oxide ink pad directly onto my plate.  After I brayered it smooth, I pressed the Simple Christmas Trees stencil onto the plate and rubbed my cardstock over it to get the impression.
  • After I let the background dry, I placed it into my Misti and stamped the large snowflake over the middle of the panel with some Uncharted Mariner DOX ink.
  • I splattered the whole panel with my white Posca pen and set aside to dry.
  • Next, I die cut the shadow from the Snowy Greetings die right from the middle of my card front panel and glued the sentiment die that I cut with white cardstock onto it.
  • I glue the finished panel onto a piece of navy cardstock, then onto an A2 sized white card base.
  • I used some foam tape to pop the sentiment back into place, matching up the pattern.
  • Finally, I added some silver gems around the sentiment to add some sparkle.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES
Simon Says Mon.- CHRISTMAS/WINTER
Make My Monday- CREATE YOUR OWN BKG

Supplies
Stamps- Let it Snow (Visible Image)
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); Gel Plate; Speedball Brayer;
Snowy Greetings die (SSS); white Posca pen; Misti (My Sweet Petunia); silver gems

1 comment:

Pat said...

This is really pretty Karen, and I love the gelli plate print using the Simple Christmas Trees stencil, and then the added snowflake stamped in the darker blue over the top looks great. The embedded die cut sentiment shadow cut from this piece, and the sentiment itself in white stands out really well..always an interesting technique, and a beautiful card. x