Sunday 29 September 2024

Paper Strip Die Cuts


Welcome
This week, it's my turn to host the TLC over at Splitcoast Stampers.
I'm calling my challenge:
Paper Strip Die Cuts
A simple and fun technique using scraps that I know we all have in out stash.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I started by looking through all my papers and chose some that had similar colour values. For this card, I wanted traditional Christmas colours like red and green.
  • Next, I cut the papers into strips, any random size will do and then I glued them onto a piece of white cardstock as seen below.  


  • After all the strips were glued down and had dried, I used the 'Jingle Bells' die to cut from the strips of paper.  I love how it looked, so fun.
  • I set that aside and stenciled the background using the Buffalo Plaid stencil from A Colorful Life Designs with some Lumberjack Plaid and some Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide ink.
  • I glued the stenciled panel onto a piece of red cardstock and then onto an A2 sized card base.
  • To help the strips die cut show up a bit better, I glued it onto a red circle that I embossed with a Burlap folder and then onto a green piece of cardstock.  I used some foam tape to pop it up over my card front.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES
Allsorts- ANYTHING GOES
Just Us Girls- ANYTHING GOES WITH STENCILS

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.) and Scraps
Accessories and Tools- stencil- (A Colorful Life Designs); TE Blending Brushes;
Jingle Bells die (A Pocket Full of Happiness); Burlap Embossing Folder (Honey Bee);
foam tape

2 comments:

Sarn said...

Brilliant festive make in traditional green and red colours.

Thanks for joining in at Allsorts this week. X

martina's kaartjes said...

lovely card !
greetings, martina