Saturday 7 September 2024

We Are Blessed

Welcome
Here in Canada, we celebrate Thanksgiving at the beginning of October, so I decided to use the new for September stencil called 
from A Colorful Life Designs to make a card.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I cut a piece of white cardstock and then used the Postal Collage die to cut it out.
  • I placed that onto my Make Art Station and put the Blowing Leaves stencil onto the die cut and inked it up with these Distress Oxide colours:  Ripe Persimmon, Fossilized Amber, Rustic Wilderness, Lumberjack Plaid and Rusty Hinge.
  • Next, I added the above mentioned colours onto a scrap piece of white cardstock and die cut the leaves from that.
  • I glued my stenciled card front onto a piece of dark red cardstock, then onto an A2 sized card base.
  • I glued the die cut leaves to one side and then use some foam tape to pop the sentiment into the corner.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Just Add Ink- TEXTURE/FOLIAGE/STRING (choose 2)
My Time to Craft- ADD TEXTURE
As You Like It- TO LAYER, OR NOT and why?
(I love to layer, it adds a lot of interest)

Supplies
Stamps- Thanksgiving Blessings (Stampabilities)
Inks- Versafine Clair; Distress Oxides
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); Make Art Station (Ranger);
Leaf Fragments dies (TH); Postal Collage die (Waffle Flower); 
TE Blending Brushes

4 comments:

Pat said...

I love this Blowing Leaves stencil Karen, and added to the postal collage die cut and with the added TH Leaf Fragments it looks fabulous...a great Thanksgiving card. x

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful thanksgiving card Karen - fabulous colours and wonderful use of the stencil
Blessings
Maxine

Becca Sadler said...

Autumn awesomeness!!!! Love those 2 top layer leaves!!! Thanks for sharing in My Time To Craft's 'add texture' theme!! --Becca

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

More gorgeousness, with the autumnal colours, love the design of this card too. x